Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 280 of 6036, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So in high resolution mode this game needs a beastly computer? I never seen the game in high resolution but played it in VGA as a kid. Was a great game!

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 281 of 6036, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote:

Great game! The opening tune rocks and is probably the only part of the game that's better in the floppy version, because there's no voice over.

Agreed. I like the OPL3 version best, it's more energetic and "techno-ish" than the General Midi variants, which adds a lot to the atmosphere.

philscomputerlab wrote:

So in high resolution mode this game needs a beastly computer? I never seen the game in high resolution but played it in VGA as a kid. Was a great game!

This game gets a lot better in high-resolution, not just the 3D graphics, but also the HUDs and all the stuff displayed there (most importantly, the text is much easier to read).

Reply 282 of 6036, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:

I've played it successfully in SVGA on a P166, but it's borderline. Now that I've experienced it on my PIII 1GHz, I'll never go back.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 283 of 6036, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I finished Turrican 2 on the Amiga. Great game although I think I still like the first one better. The fighter ship levels were a bit of a strange change of pace. At least there aren't so many boring alien hive levels at the end like the first one. I also never used the super weapon on purpose, I'd always trigger it by accident and have to sit and wait for him to do his thing....

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 286 of 6036, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have been playing Diablo 3 on and off for a while now but more so recently. I am also about 30% through Far cry 4.

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=

Reply 287 of 6036, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1914: The great War. It's kind of rediculous, a game from early 2000s with graphics from late 1990s and bad optimization (Athlon 3200+/Radeon 9800 machine struggles at massive scenes). I like it all the same, has some spirit of ancient wargames about it. And a slightly insane AI 😀

Reply 288 of 6036, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just played through Return To Castle Wolfenstein last week, now starting on Wolfenstein: The New Order that a buddy gave me a steam code for. Looking forward to playing the older one on older hardware, there were some weird graphical errors and glitches on my 8 core machine.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 289 of 6036, by Roy_Tuesday

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After giving up on installing Win 98 on my old rig, I booted up XP Pro instead so I could play some older games without too much grief. I've gone back to Tomb Raider first, since I never finished it.

I'm hoping Need for Speed: High Stakes works properly in XP, but if not I always have Porsche Unleashed.

Also playing Morrowind in short, infrequent sessions. I know how much of a time sink it can be, so I'm being very careful about it D:>

Reply 291 of 6036, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Raced my wife in Lotus III and playing Wings of Fury and Civilization on my 286. I moved it to the dining room. This way I am close to my wife and kids. She complains when I spend too much time in the man cave. 🤣

Reply 292 of 6036, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just got done playing a bit of Moraff's Revenge on my 486.

I've also been playing Skyrim every now and again without trying to spend too much time in it. 🤣

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 293 of 6036, by Indrid Cold

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

At the moment I'm playing the third chapter of Chzo Mythos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chzo_Mythos): Trilby's Notes - a great atmosphere in these adventures, and often a great sense of terror - I recommend these independent horror adventure games to all fans of the genre.

Reply 296 of 6036, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Played Unreal on a Pentium III 1.1 GHz, Voodoo 5, Turtle Beach Aureal Vortex 2 with A3D 2.0 surround sound over headphones and Windows 98 SE. This is actually the first time playing Unreal and I can see why it has such a cult status. The levels are massive, lots of treasures, good fights and gorgeous graphics.

XXYjtHM.png

tCh2Cse.png

d76VoaY.png

7jgq5YY.png

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 297 of 6036, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Played some Jazz Jackrabbit on my P3 1Ghz rig.

Also started playing Diablo 3 recently. My first time playing it and all I have to say is eff me! This game is MASSIVE....and awesome 😀

Reply 299 of 6036, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PeterLI wrote:

I played Diablo back in the day: fun! And Unreal Tournament @ LAN parties: what a blast! 😀

I've played for around 16-18 hours now and only just finished Act 1 out of 5. I probably could progress quicker but I've got it set on extreme difficulty. So addictive!

Regarding LAN parties, I still have fond memories of playing Doom with my classmates back in high school.