VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 30, by Foxhack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
snorg wrote:

Sliderider, are you missing a specific purchased game from your shelf, or a freebie that came with a bundle?
I'm missing a copy of Deus Ex, of course they want a purchase receipt (which I can't find) and they have no record of me buying it.

All items, even freebies, send you an email receipt. It should still be in your inbox.

Also the Fallout games are missing from my shelf and I got those by trading for them. -_-

Reply 21 of 30, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Fallout games had to be removed a while ago. I remember getting an Email about it. Basically the publisher pulled it or something like that.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 22 of 30, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
philscomputerlab wrote:

Fallout games had to be removed a while ago. I remember getting an Email about it. Basically the publisher pulled it or something like that.

But any game that you purchased through GoG you should still have on your shelf and be able to redownload them whether GoG still has them listed in the store or not.

Reply 23 of 30, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
snorg wrote:

Sliderider, are you missing a specific purchased game from your shelf, or a freebie that came with a bundle?
I'm missing a copy of Deus Ex, of course they want a purchase receipt (which I can't find) and they have no record of me buying it.

I'll have to see if I still have the receipts, but the when they had the big clearance sale because they were removing a large number of games from the store I bought all of them. That was like 83 games in addition to the ones that I already had and there's only 40 something games on my shelf right now so there's a lot of games missing that I paid for.

Reply 24 of 30, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:

The publisher/developer in question is Interplay, who actually didn't have clear legal right to the games (after selling them to Bethesda), but after the success of Fallout 3, decided to keep selling Fallout 1/2 anyways. Bethesda/Zenimax sued them, and after a long and bloody legal battle (wherein Interplay basically threw a big tantrum, and then when that failed tried to reverse patent troll, and then when that failed (or they ran out of money) went quietly into the night), the court upheld the contract (and/or Interplay's rights were expired/voided/something) and Bethesda/Zenimax now control Fallout (which is what they paid Interplay a whole bucket of money for some years ago anyways, in order to legally make Fallout 3). The end-result for gamers is that "Fallout Trilogy" had to be removed from retail, and afaik Bethesda hasn't produced an equivalent product. I wouldn't be surprised if they release some sort of "Fallout Ultimate Collection" (that includes all of the games) after Fallout 4 comes out, similar to what they did with The Elder Scrolls after Skyrim.

Reply 25 of 30, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wait, I grabbed Fallout 1 and 2 when they were free, but I still haven't gotten around to downloading them. Does this mean I don't have access to them anymore?

Reply 26 of 30, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Wait, I grabbed Fallout 1 and 2 when they were free, but I still haven't gotten around to downloading them. Does this mean I don't have access to them anymore?

Are they still on your shelf? I still have 1,2 and Tactics on mine.

Reply 27 of 30, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Are they still on your shelf? I still have 1,2 and Tactics on mine.

Me too. If I understand correctly the made them free because they had to pull them soon. IIRC they mentioned that the games would stay on your shelf even after they would no longer be for sale.

Reply 28 of 30, by calvin

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just downloaded mine from the shelf.

2xP2 450, 512 MB SDR, GeForce DDR, Asus P2B-D, Windows 2000
P3 866, 512 MB RDRAM, Radeon X1650, Dell Dimension XPS B866, Windows 7
M2 @ 250 MHz, 64 MB SDE, SiS5598, Compaq Presario 2286, Windows 98

Reply 29 of 30, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had my first experience with Galaxy last night and it wasn't great - several "can't connect" errors and some ugly messages being displayed. I persisted and finally managed to get The Witcher 3 to start downloading, but I'm not confident that it won't spaz out before I get the full 26GB's.

Not great, but nothing compared to my first Steam experience with Half-life 2 - man that was frustrating, particularly on dial-up!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.