VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by comradesean

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sid-Meiers-Pirates-Or … 7-/111679684090

I'm looking for 432.01 and I don't know if that version came on 3.5'' or even any boxes outside of the cardboard folder style box.I can't locate this disk design or box coverart on MobyGames and I was wondering if someone knew what version might be in this box.

Reply 2 of 4, by RadioPoultry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Procyon wrote:

It's a 1993 re-release by GT Software, look underneath the barcode.
I doubt the floppy will still work though.

Almost all the 3.5" disks I find still work. But it could be the desert climate I live in assists in this.

Reply 3 of 4, by comradesean

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow, I'm blind. Thank you!

Also, generally, factory written disks are still quite alive as long as they haven't been written over or stored improperly. Two of the biggest killers of disks I've run into so far are warped magnetic diskettes and parts of the disk that were overwritten with a home floppy drive. I've only actually run into two disks out of hundreds that were taken care of and had a few bad sectors on them.

Reply 4 of 4, by Chaniyth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Procyon wrote:

It's a 1993 re-release by GT Software, look underneath the barcode.
I doubt the floppy will still work though.

Why would you doubt that? Every floppy game I own still works, and that range goes clear back to the early 80's as well. Most magnetic media still works as of 2015, if it don't it's usually due to improper storage or improper handling, or due to cheaply made materials to produce the magnetic surfaces of those floppies, cassettes, etc.

All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you. 😁