Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 760 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got this stuff from Goodwill today for 5 bucks! 😁 ( Some items are obviously not games. 😜)

s1660005_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91ju22.jpg

However last week I ordered a pristine copy of Panzer Commander off ebay and look what showed up at my door.. 😠

s1660006_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91jvm2.jpg

s1660007_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91jvlo.jpg

s1660009_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91jx7o.jpg

I'm so utterly pissed off at this guy! I asked him to refund me some of the money, he hasn't responded back yet and if he continues to ignore me I'm going to give him one hell of a feedback score for starters.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 762 of 1943, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Holy shinola...

Once in a blue moon I'll get something so poorly packaged it's a miracle it arrived in one piece. Shipping without a box is a huge no-no and this is a perfect example why. The plastic wrap would be a thoughtful touch - if it were in a box!

Reply 763 of 1943, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:

However last week I ordered a pristine copy of Panzer Commander off ebay and look what showed up at my door.. 😠

I'm so utterly pissed off at this guy! I asked him to refund me some of the money, he hasn't responded back yet and if he continues to ignore me I'm going to give him one hell of a feedback score for starters.

That sucks 🙁 definitely not packed appropriately for post! If he has 100% feedback and is selling other games he should be concerned - give him hell!!
Not to forget, it's always sad when pristine classics get damaged - like my daughter smearing Nutella on a previously unmarked box of Beneath A Steel Sky yesterday ...

Reply 764 of 1943, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
King_Corduroy wrote:
Got this stuff from Goodwill today for 5 bucks! :D ( Some items are obviously not games. :P) […]
Show full quote

Got this stuff from Goodwill today for 5 bucks! 😁 ( Some items are obviously not games. 😜)

s1660005_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91ju22.jpg

s1660006_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91jvm2.jpg

s1660007_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91jvlo.jpg

s1660009_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d91jx7o.jpg

Complain to ebay that thanks to poor packaging on the part of the seller that the item is no longer as described in the listing. Ebay will give you your money back even when the seller refuses.

Reply 765 of 1943, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:

That's terrible. I once had a PS2 fat wrapped with a couple of layers of bubble wrap and then covered with brown paper. No box at all. It looked like a small bundle of laundry. Amazingly, it worked fine.

I collect sealed console games (mostly Intellivision), and I have to ask every seller to pack in a box after the purchase. To most, I'm stating the obvious, but I would say that a good number will mail in an envelope if you don't say anything.

Reply 766 of 1943, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's terrible.

Luckily I've only had a few items that have been received in such a condition. Unfortunately the two I can remember it occuring with were brand new sealed big box copies of Midtown Madness (which upon opening I found the CD jewel case had an odd defect in that there were no retaining lugs to allow the clear plastic to pivot on the black plastic, so it just comes off), and a nice big box of Tellurian Defence (though I guess because it was the US release it is Tellurian Defense, although the CD and game content are all UK spelling). US box art of this game is much better than UK version.

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 768 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sf78 wrote:

5€ a piece.

ALPHA CENTAURI? YOU LUCKY SOMANABATCH! 🤣

Reply 769 of 1943, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:
sf78 wrote:

5€ a piece.

ALPHA CENTAURI? YOU LUCKY SOMANABATCH! 🤣

Yeah, but the tech tree poster has been ruined. Someone spilled soda(?) on it and then it was folded, it's glued shut. 😢 But the price was OK, so I'll get over it...in a week or so.

Reply 770 of 1943, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Picked up these over the last 2 weeks or so. My Settlers collection is expanding nicely, and the others were long-overdue to be added to my collection.

p1V0mU9.jpg

- Age of Empires III Collector's Edition (REALLY nice CE, probably the heaviest PC big box I own)
- Ultimate Doom
- Fallout 1 and 2 (boxes and manuals only, I completed the 1st with my jewel case copy, but haven't got the CD for 2 yet)
- The Settlers III Gold (sealed)
- The Settlers IV Expansion
- The Settlers II: Next Generation Gold
- The Settlers V: Heritage of Kings plus expansions
- The Settlers: Rise of Cultures (German-only release)

Reply 771 of 1943, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know what you're thinking, 50 fonts can't be that exciting, right?
That's before you notice the disc is actually bootable and comes with an almost complete OS 😀

dv7font-front.JPG
Filename
dv7font-front.JPG
File size
36.91 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 772 of 1943, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's this week's eBay winnings. Won two lots of Big Box games, and one of them had the final piece I needed for my Starcraft collection! 😊

First up, the haul:

uABHA3k.jpg

- Starcraft Protoss Collector's Box
- Starcraft Brood War Expansion (my 3rd... gotta sell some off!)
- Warcraft II Tides of Darkness
- Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal Expansion
- Grand Theft Auto 2
- Die By The Sword (I remember this game from childhood, as it was banned in Australia IIRC and we managed to get a copy!)
- Red Baron 2
- Janes F15
- Vampire The Masquerade Redemption
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith Expansion

Finally, here's the whole Starcraft collection in one place:

0MS6c0x.jpg

So chuffed to have finally finished it! 😁

Reply 775 of 1943, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
AidanExamineer wrote:

I'm drooling more than a Hydralisk right now.

Can't find copies (boxed or otherwise) of Retribution anywhere.

Yeah I wish Insurrection was more common than what it is. Haven't seen a boxed copy of that anywhere.

Reply 776 of 1943, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Interesting, your Jedi Knight 2 games seem to be the cheaper type boxes that only has an opening at the top or bottom??

Mine are case type where the front surround comes away. I am guessing the cheaper type boxes came later.. 😢

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 777 of 1943, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Blurredman wrote:

Interesting, your Jedi Knight 2 games seem to be the cheaper type boxes that only has an opening at the top or bottom??

Mine are case type where the front surround comes away. I am guessing the cheaper type boxes came later.. 😢

The expansion box is in two halves, but the base game has the open-at-each-end style.

Reply 778 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought all these games today from a thrift store. 😁

The copy of The CHAOS Continuum was inside of the Rebel Assault box so I got that for free. 🤣

s1710008_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d942z8v.jpg

Close up of Rebel Assault II:

s1710011_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d943i2r.jpg

s1710012_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d943hz1.jpg

This was on the inside. 🤣

s1710010_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d943ieo.jpg