VOGONS

Amazon Dash

Topic actions

First post, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is it just me or is Amazon Dash the most wasteful thing/concept ever?

Reply 1 of 1, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I agree. It's a wasteful concept reserved only for people that are willing to pay a huge premium for having the luxury of pressing a button when re-ordering toilet paper and coffee instead of going to the supermarket and just buying it for a realistic price.

Some may see this kind of service as a luxury but I think it's plain stupid that actually demotes another basic every day chore to a computer controlled task that costs way more than just doing it the old fashioned way. Think about it...a world where I would be pressing a button to buy toilet paper and then having to wait for it to come in the mail and paying more for that toilet paper (and any other product) would not improve my quality of life....a better quality of life is a world where I would have the freedom and initiative to just go to a store and buy what I want and take it home with me that same day without some corporation tracking what I buy and how much of it I buy 🤣.

Even for those that are rich and would want to have some sort of similar convenience to re-filling their shelves with every day items and groceries...there are many other better options than Amazon Dash, such as grocery delivery services and just paying someone to go and get you some groceries 🤣.