VOGONS

Common searches

62 members!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Woohoo!

62 people interested in old games. WOW!

The sooner we hit the 1,000,000 mark the better!

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dateline 2009:
The "Abandonware Act" designed to make software that has been "abandoned" fully legal and freely distributable was stalled in the Senate today when Senator Strom Thurmond insisted on a "No Lamer" clause.

He cited the "Multi-player Ultima 7 Incident" wherein violence erupted at numerous LAN parties due to the numerous inconsistencies of the Multi-Player project which dramatically changed the rules and regulations of the original game, causing confusion and confrontation amongst players.

"These coder-boys have got be reigned-in a bit. They'll go hog-wild with source code if you let 'em." The Senator then commented "uh...where am I? Oh, right. What?! Don't write that part down! Don't you give me grief for this son, I may be old but I can still frag you good"

Reply 3 of 5, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Seeing as there are now over 5k members with 5 posts or more, I would like to suggest that your mission has been successfully completed! 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 5 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

Dateline 2009:

That's very interesting in light of the fact that Strom Thurmond died in 2003.

You guys are silly. Nicht Sehr Gut hasn't posted here in a decade. When he made that post making a joke news story from 2009, Strom Thurmond was still alive and serving in Congress. Did you even read the dates in this thread, sliderider? Not your fault - Tetrium bumped it. 😜

Thread locked.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto