VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have to rebind the virtual keys in DosBOX to type in tricky cheatcodes (namely Tyrian 2000's "Lord of the Game" difficulty) and I often run into keyjamming\ghosting on modern games.

Is there any decent keyboard I can get that connects PS\2 that has something close to "n-key rollover" that wont be super expensive? Or am I shooting for the moon?

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 1 of 3, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Using the high tech test of holding down shift and typing the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
The keyboard that came with my 1998 Gateway was the only keyboard that passed 100%

Not sure of the part number as its still in Australia and I'm not but pretty sure it was this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GATEWAY-KEYBOARD-WIRE … FQAAOSw71BXQIzy

Give away is the orange PS2 connector and the Gateway logo style, and no media buttons

Reply 3 of 3, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I managed to find a old PS/2 keyboard in a closet in this house, it's incredibly dirty and covered in grime. Wiped it down with disinfectant wipes but I have no experience of taking these apart to better clean them. Some of the keys are unresponsive depending on how I touch down on them.

This keyboard barely passes the Tyrian 2000 test, I have to attempt multiple times but eventually it does unlock "Lord of Game" difficulty.

Unless I can safely clean this thing up I might try looking around your guys suggestions.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων