Why Electronic Voting is a BAD Idea

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gdjacobs wrote:

What about mothers or fathers that choose to stay home and raise their children (assuming this is financially viable)?

Their source of income is from their significant other that works, so in theory they should be able to vote as well, but if both spouses are muching of off the government when they can physically work and plopping out kids just to get more on their bridge card thats just wrong.

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic

Reply 21 of 27, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think this discussion deviated off topic a bit. 😁
The topic was about the voting process and security issues with electronic voting vs. the (tried and true) snailmethod of voting.

Reply 22 of 27, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Electronic voting just makes it easier to rig the system. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhCw7dbDKZ0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx5YyiyWOH4
Don't know it is elsewhere in the rest of the world but to an extent the elections here are rigged, the Deep State and the oligarchs pretty much control almost everything. The only things that can change that is for the system to collapse by either revolution or by war.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 23 of 27, by mrau

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

the problem is partially that it is the oligarchs who choose how voting would be done, or am i wrong?
its analogous here

Reply 24 of 27, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mrau wrote:

the problem is partially that it is the oligarchs who choose how voting would be done, or am i wrong?
its analogous here

The problem isn't so much the means of voting but the choice of who to vote for has already been decided so you have to choice one of two evils or not vote at all. Third party and independent candidates don't have a snow balls chance in hell of ever getting elected. So this time around we got a insane criminal who is in very poor health and the other a untrustworthy billionaire who is likely to be the last straw and cause a world war.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 25 of 27, by mrau

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

you believe thats two evils?
i firmly believe its one, same on our politic scene here
in the end its always the society that is the source of that evil though

Reply 26 of 27, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
nforce4max wrote:

So this time around we got a insane criminal who is in very poor health and the other a untrustworthy billionaire who is likely to be the last straw and cause a world war.

🤣 Hit the nail on the head, my friend. Except I don't think Trump would cause a war - not quite, at least, I think the most harm he would cause would be through protectionism.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 27 of 27, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

People who make up their mind on a subject by 8 minute Youtube videos should not be allowed to vote.

And that video even does a pretty crappy job at trying to go through a complicated subject in 8 minutes. More focused on his viewer count than the facts, I'd say.