VOGONS

First post, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just found out about this game its pretty fun. I miss playing this as a kid im glade they brought it back.

If your interested heres the link for the download and trailer is at the bottom of the page --->https://www.geshl2.com/faq/

The requirement are:

Minimum
Operating System: Windows Vista or later
Processor: 3.0GHz Dual-Core
Graphics Card: Directx 9 compatible with 256MB VRAM
System Memory (RAM): 2GB
Hard Drive: At least 10GB free space

Recommended
Operating System: Windows 7 or later
Processor: 2.5GHz Quad-Core
Graphics Card: DirectX 9 compatible with at least 1GB GDDR5 VRAM
System Memory (RAM): 4GB
Hard Drive: At least 10GB free space

But what I find interesting is the computer I was running on was a windows xp box with 80GB HDD, 3.2GHz Pentium 4, 128MB Radeon 9700 Pro and 4GB of RAM thats way under the minimum requirements and it ran smooth with some settings no low. I wonder if my Pentium 3 will run it?

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic

Reply 1 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, i've known about it for 11 years. It's not a reboot, and it's very old and the latest improvements are questionable, especially for all the recent release hype it is getting now. and unusually inflated system requirements by mod teams play a part in hyping as if they've done something more advanced (they didn't - it still has that vanilla HL2 mod feel to it, only now with cheetos explosions and smuckers jam blood on the screen)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 7, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Really 11years and now a big hype? geez... well anyways its still pretty cool and fun to play im hopping they keep improving it. I know it will never be like the N64 one I had, but I dont have a 64 anymore so this is as close as I can get for now.

I didn't mean reboot, i guess the correct word im looking for is... spinoff?

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic

Reply 3 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You may also be interested in Goldeneye X, which attempts to integrate the gameplay of Goldeneye into the N64 version of Perfect Dark (which has a very similar but much improved engine). It is a somewhat newer effort.

Reply 4 of 7, by candle_86

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jorpho wrote:

You may also be interested in Goldeneye X, which attempts to integrate the gameplay of Goldeneye into the N64 version of Perfect Dark (which has a very similar but much improved engine). It is a somewhat newer effort.

see now I'd love a PC version of Perfect Dark, oh how fun it would be to use the farsight with a mouse.

Reply 5 of 7, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

The new version of Goldeneye is due out any day now, as this month is the nineteenth anniversary of Goldeneye's release, and GX's authors wish to commemorate that with GX's latest release - keep an eye out for the new version at:

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message … 86acba73ce1791f

candle_86 wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

see now I'd love a PC version of Perfect Dark, oh how fun it would be to use the farsight with a mouse.

Sadly, N64 emulation is notoriously finicky, but someone put together a custom package that lets you play Goldeneye and Perfect Dark with mouse control (and the WASD key scheme) and run at sixty frame's per second.

The one problem is that some virus killers say that there's a virus in the package, I even made at thread about the possible infection at:

Help from someone (or lots of people!) knowledgeable about malware, please

but the consensus on the net is that there is no infection, instead the virus killers are wary because the program does things that a virus might do. It's your choice if you want to try it, all I know is that I've been using it for a long time, on my desktop and laptop, and no signs of infection have made themselves known (and yes, I have Avast! Anti-Virus running constantly).

https://archive.org/details/1964-60FPS-Edition

Reply 6 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A telltale sign of how bad Zilmar's plugin spec really is if there needs to be an Injector for an emulator.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 7 of 7, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since some virus killers claimed the file was infected, I sent it to Avast! (the makers of the great, free, Avast! Antivirus, and they've just e-mailed me back to say that it's a false positive, and the latest Avast! update now reports the file as being clean.

So hopefully that's cleared up, once and for all.