VOGONS

First post, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've seen this problem on various digital CRT TVs from around 1995-2005. My own 1995 GE (General Electric) 15" TV model 13TVR45 has to search for TV channels each time you turn it on and odd behaviour occurs such as being less responsive to the remote and buttons on the TV itself. For example I have to fiddle with the buttons in order to get it to play a vhs by pressing them over and over again. It tends to work when I immediately press play after turning off the TV. All and all, this sounds like similar symptoms that happen to computers when their cmos batteries are low or empty. They loose their settings and can act funny. Has anybody ever attempted to open up a CRT TV (discharging it first) and see what kind of battery it takes? I wonder if this can also affect computer monitors, Though my early 2000's Gateway monitors seem to work fine despite their age. Who knew I’d be tinkering with old monitors with the same love I have with vintage computers? I can't imaging using an old 486 without it's trusty ol' crt. 😊

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html