New Hardware Trading Forum

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 28, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kixs wrote:

Amibay won't be so Euro-centered if more people from outside of Europe join in 😉

Do they still lack a 'IBM PC Compatibles' sales section? I remember that subject being part of the 'Others' category, with consoles and such.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 21 of 28, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gerwin wrote:
kixs wrote:

Amibay won't be so Euro-centered if more people from outside of Europe join in 😉

Do they still lack a 'IBM PC Compatibles' sales section? I remember that subject being part of the 'Others' category, with consoles and such.

Wasn't it actually becoming the largest section over there mostly due to IBM PC stuff being traded there?

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 22 of 28, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just checked AmiBay, it has eight hardware for sale subforums. On the main page it says**:
Amiga got the most with 3000 Threads / 47123 Posts.
Amstrad is the smallest with just 49 Threads / 346 Posts.
Other has 3836 Threads / 28941 Posts - My rough guess is that about half of that is IBM PC.

So in that regard it is not really fair and practical. Unless they do it on purpose. Like if they do put an IBM PC section there, people will notice it and think it is a good place to dump loads of Pentium IV and Core Duo stuff. Which some may consider as just non-vintage noise.

** When you click the actual subforum it has more threads/posts? There are also archived posts subforums.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 23 of 28, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OP : Sorry, not to be blunt here. The Admin had already put up a stickied 'Vogons is No Marketplace thread.' The uniqueness of Vogons should be maintained like how it is now, IMHO. There are other trading websites which users can go to.

Vogons is more like a classic vintage library to me, where interesting discussions are going on including many suggestions and retro tech solutions.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 24 of 28, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malik wrote:

OP : Sorry, not to be blunt here. The Admin had already put up a stickied 'Vogons is No Marketplace thread.' The uniqueness of Vogons should be maintained like how it is now, IMHO. There are other trading websites which users can go to.

I know. This thread is about the perceived need for a new forum, not connected to VOGONS in any way, which is kind of like Amibay geared towards the PC market.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 27 of 28, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

i'll have to disable PMs if this happens. I don't need "you sell to me" when I make a post about my hardware

How would that change from now with VCF and AMIBay? What are your concerns?

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 28 of 28, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gerwin wrote:
I just checked AmiBay, it has eight hardware for sale subforums. On the main page it says**: Amiga got the most with 3000 Thread […]
Show full quote

I just checked AmiBay, it has eight hardware for sale subforums. On the main page it says**:
Amiga got the most with 3000 Threads / 47123 Posts.
Amstrad is the smallest with just 49 Threads / 346 Posts.
Other has 3836 Threads / 28941 Posts - My rough guess is that about half of that is IBM PC.

So in that regard it is not really fair and practical. Unless they do it on purpose. Like if they do put an IBM PC section there, people will notice it and think it is a good place to dump loads of Pentium IV and Core Duo stuff. Which some may consider as just non-vintage noise.

** When you click the actual subforum it has more threads/posts? There are also archived posts subforums.

My guess would be that if looking at the more recent posts (of say, only the last year or 2), things have turned more towards PC stuff anyway. It makes sense as there will be more PC stuff coming in and al the other "markets" have limited supply as well as limited interested people (due to nostalgia aging as well).

leileilol wrote:

i'll have to disable PMs if this happens. I don't need "you sell to me" when I make a post about my hardware

This sometimes gives me PMS as well 😵

Lets not go this way. Last time I even mentioned something along the lines of me considering giving some of the more common stuff away, someone send me a PM and it ended up with this person asking for things like Upgradeware, Slot 1 1GHz 100FSB, rare cards (but of course only the Ultra variants with maximum memory configurations)...no thank you!

collector wrote:

How about VOGOOS (Very Old Games On Old Systems) for a name?

Well technically systems that are build today using old parts are new systems, right?

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!