VOGONS

Common searches

Charged for Assault with Bacon

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just can't make this stuff up. 😲

http://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/stockholm/ma … innor-med-bacon

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 4 of 48, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh wait.

Sorry, it didn't clue in to me the reason for the bacon.

He was shouting racial slurs against a Muslim woman, and muslims don't eat bacon - right?

I've got to get this straight. Google Translate is next to useless on this article.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 6 of 48, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well a very large percentage of middle eastern Arabs are Muslim. So it's easy (at least for people like this guy) to see a woman who looks arab-ish with a veil and immediately assume she's muslim. (which isn't' a bad guess but nothing is ever 100%).

Reply 8 of 48, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bacon or no bacon, Muslim or no Muslim, the man approached the group of women and calling them derogatory names. Is it so hard to be a decent person these days? Is it so hard not to harass others these days? What if one of the women happened to be your mother? Your sister? Your wife?

The man is such a prick, he fucking deserves all the charges against him.

The Swedish man, who has not been named, is reported to have approached the Muslim women, who were wearing veils over their face […]
Show full quote

The Swedish man, who has not been named, is reported to have approached the Muslim women, who were wearing veils over their faces.

The man was eating bacon and dangled it in front of them.

The women left to find other seats and the man followed them with his bacon, according to the report.

He is also alleged to have called them derogatory names and made racist comments.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 10 of 48, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
luckybob wrote:

I have very little respect for religion and the people that follow it blindly. That said, I do my best not to be a dick about it.

I have very little respect for atheism and the people that follow it blindly. That said, I do my best not to be a dick about it. 🤣

All joking aside.
I don't like Islam, but that is no excuse to be a jerk to Muslims. Based on my understanding I don't see what this guy did as being that bad ether. The only thing he really did that was bad in my eyes was fallowing then when they moved.(harassment) I mean name calling and waving bacon around at someone is not really a big deal. It's rude and one should not do it, but both groups need to grow up.

Reply 11 of 48, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:

I don't like Islam, but that is no excuse to be a jerk to Muslims. Based on my understanding I don't see what this guy did as being that bad ether. The only thing he really did that was bad in my eyes was fallowing then when they moved.(harassment) I mean name calling and waving bacon around at someone is not really a big deal.

So is it okay to approach and harass people, as long as you don't follow them and keep harassing them after they leave in peace?

Jade Falcon wrote:

It's rude and one should not do it, but both groups need to grow up.

The women left the guy in peace, and were still followed and harassed, and you said both sides need to grow up? What is the fault of the women, really?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 12 of 48, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jade Falcon wrote:
I have very little respect for atheism and the people that follow it blindly. That said, I do my best not to be a dick about it […]
Show full quote
luckybob wrote:

I have very little respect for religion and the people that follow it blindly. That said, I do my best not to be a dick about it.

I have very little respect for atheism and the people that follow it blindly. That said, I do my best not to be a dick about it. 🤣

All joking aside.
I don't like Islam, but that is no excuse to be a jerk to Muslims. Based on my understanding I don't see what this guy did as being that bad ether. The only thing he really did that was bad in my eyes was fallowing then when they moved.(harassment) I mean name calling and waving bacon around at someone is not really a big deal. It's rude and one should not do it, but both groups need to grow up.

^Agreed

So some guy is seriously getting charged for waving a piece of bacon which they say is harassment? The name calling is uncalled for as is the following around (he should've stopped there, they were already moving away), but imo I find people who hide their faces and who are obsessed by religion actually very intimidating myself. But I tend to just ignore them. If I were to press charges to people who insult me for who and what I am, I'd have no spare time to breath.

I don't like people who blindly follow any religion btw but the most important part about it is that one lives and can let live.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 13 of 48, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The truth is, the man did not only wave a piece of bacon in front of the Muslim women, but also followed them and kept harassing them after the women left him.

As such, I don't understand the remark "if the man only wave bacon and not follow the women, then it's okay," while it is definitely not what happened on the first place. I don't understand either why Jade Falcon suggest both sides to grow up, while the women had in fact tried to leave, but still followed and harassed by the offender.

Could anyone kindly tell me, with a straight face, that the women had done anything wrong during the incident?

Allow me to put things into perspective then.

1. Kept the bacon, but replace the Muslim women with Jewish women. Paul approached the Jewish women and then waved the bacon in front of them. Somebody please tell me, with a straight face, that it's okay for Paul to do so.

2. Replace the bacon with beef, and replace the Muslim women with Hindu women. Paul approached the Hindu women and then waved the beef in front of them. Somebody please tell me, with a straight face, that it's okay for Paul to do so.

3. Replace the bacon with any kind of meat, and replace the Muslim women with vegetarian Buddhist monks. Paul approached the vegetarian Buddhist monks and then waved the meat in front of them. Somebody please tell me, with a straight face, that it's okay for Paul to do so.

4. Replace the bacon with Nazi swastika, and replace the Muslim women with Germans. Paul approached the Germans and then waved the Nazi swastika in front of them. Somebody please tell me, with a straight face, that it's okay for Paul to do so.

5. Replace the bacon with bodybuilding magazine. You know, the one with large pictures of half-naked men in thongs. Then replace the Muslim women with Catholic nuns, whom naturally have taken the vows of celibacy. Paul approached the Catholic nuns and then waved the magazine full of muscular, half-naked men in front of them. Somebody please tell me, with a straight face, that it's okay for Paul to do so.

6. Replace the bacon with US confederate flag, and replace the Muslim women with black Americans. Paul approached the black Americans and then waved the confederate flag in front of them. Somebody please tell me, with a straight face, that it's okay for Paul to do so.

The list can go on and on and on, but the point is the same; it could be religion, it could be race, and heck, it could be historical trauma, but bullying is bullying, regardless whether it's done in the context of religion, race, or history. And if I recall correctly, Sweden is one of the countries with anti-bullying laws.

And again, the man did not only come to the Muslim women and waved the pork in front of them while calling names; he also followed them and kept harassing them after they left him. So could anyone kindly explain why it is both sides that need to grow up? Could anyone tell me, with a straight face, what's the women's fault during the incident?

Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on 2017-03-31, 14:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 14 of 48, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What people choose to wear on their heads (be it a Yankees cap, a hijab, or a colander) and why they choose to wear it is their business. I'm not sure about the assault charge as sounds like it didn't turn into a physical altercation, but certainly the guy should have been charged with harassment. A useful sentence would be some probation, maybe a bit of community service, and a mandate to work on dealing with his anger.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 15 of 48, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
gdjacobs wrote:

What people choose to wear on their heads (be it a Yankees cap, a hijab, or a colander) and why they choose to wear it is their business. I'm not sure about the assault charge as sounds like it didn't turn into a physical altercation, but certainly the guy should have been charged with harassment. A useful sentence would be some probation, maybe a bit of community service, and a mandate to work on dealing with his anger.

I couldn't have said it better. The man needs to learn to grow up, whether in hard, cold cell or in community service.

Reply 16 of 48, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Morality seems to decline more with each passing generation. I see it and fight it each day with the influences on my son in school and social media (that I never had to face at that age). Some days it feels like a losing battle. I say all that in response to

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

The man needs to learn to grow up, whether in hard, cold cell or in community service.

I'm not sure he's capable of learning to grow up. There's such a sense of entitlement anymore when people commit hate crimes like this, it seems punishment doesn't have the expected effect. If anything, they just learn to be more careful about how they do it. 🙁

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 17 of 48, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
clueless1 wrote:

I'm not sure he's capable of learning to grow up. There's such a sense of entitlement anymore when people commit hate crimes like this, it seems punishment doesn't have the expected effect. If anything, they just learn to be more careful about how they do it. 🙁

I've come to the same conclusion. I'm not even sure people like that can even learn, it's maximum cognitive dissonance.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 19 of 48, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think the long and the short of it is that the man is an a**hole.

He can't (or shouldn't be) charged with any crimes because being a jerkface is not a crime - but as a responsible adult he ought to know better. This sort of behavior is childish.