VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

The guy next door added on to his house all by himself. Cant you tell?
Hope he's kids don't go playing with that wire.
Yes that's an power line ran from the pole through the window. How dumb are some people?

Last edited by Jade Falcon on 2017-05-23, 16:20. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 15, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are you sure that's not internet cable? Still, that looks like it's in the front yard, for all the world to see. Even if it's internet cable and not live power, it's in poor taste.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2 of 15, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
clueless1 wrote:

Are you sure that's not internet cable? Still, that looks like it's in the front yard, for all the world to see. Even if it's internet cable and not live power, it's in poor taste.

Its power. And its out front on the corner of a somewhat busy intersection.

Reply 4 of 15, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How did he tap the powerline? Did he climb the pole and mess around in the junction box himself?? Looks an awful lot like he's trying to bypass the meter for indoor 'herb' gardening if that's the case.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 5 of 15, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
xjas wrote:

How did he tap the powerline? Did he climb the pole and mess around in the junction box himself?? Looks an awful lot like he's trying to bypass the meter for indoor 'herb' gardening if that's the case.

They built around it.
Its a new part of the building, a add-on.
Makes you wander. Where is the meter? Their living room?

Last edited by Jade Falcon on 2017-05-24, 16:35. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 6 of 15, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jade Falcon wrote:
They built around it. It a new part of the building, a add-on. Makes you wander. Where is the letter? Their living room? […]
Show full quote
xjas wrote:

They built around it.
It a new part of the building, a add-on.
Makes you wander. Where is the letter? Their living room?

Are you saying they built the addition around the power pole?

If so, you should definitely report them to the utility company at the very minimum. They will have that mess torn down very quickly.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 7 of 15, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
cyclone3d wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:
They built around it. It a new part of the building, a add-on. Makes you wander. Where is the meter? Their living room? […]
Show full quote
xjas wrote:

They built around it.

If so, you should definitely report them to the utility company at the very minimum. They will have that mess torn down very quickly.

No they built around the wire. the pole is on the other side of the road.

Reply 8 of 15, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jade Falcon wrote:
cyclone3d wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:

They built around it.

No they built around the wire. the pole is on the other side of the road.

Same thing. Dangerous like hell, too (fire risk, electrocution risk).

Reply 9 of 15, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So obviously that must mean the wire is coming out another window on the back of the house. How could that have even happened? It takes time to add a 2nd story to a house, and some contractor would've noticed and reported it in the weeks it probably took to do that.
Makes me wonder if that room it goes through is the laundry room and they use it as a clothesline.

We have a neighbor that tapped into their main power on the house and ran a line to a plywood structure they built in their backyard. They even sunk their own mini wood pole to run the line to. In some recent storms, they had a large limb fall onto this line. They lost power to their house, their shack, and their home-made power pole got pulled down. We got to watch the city come out and fix the line to the house, and NOT touch the line going to the plywood shack.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 10 of 15, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
clueless1 wrote:

So obviously that must mean the wire is coming out another window on the back of the house. How could that have even happened? It takes time to add a 2nd story to a house, and some contractor would've noticed and reported it in the weeks it probably took to do that.
Makes me wonder if that room it goes through is the laundry room and they use it as a clothesline.

We have a neighbor that tapped into their main power on the house and ran a line to a plywood structure they built in their backyard. They even sunk their own mini wood pole to run the line to. In some recent storms, they had a large limb fall onto this line. They lost power to their house, their shack, and their home-made power pole got pulled down. We got to watch the city come out and fix the line to the house, and NOT touch the line going to the plywood shack.

No line comes out anywhere else, it the main tap going to the house from the pole.. And they did not use a contracter.
He added on the the house with the help of a frew friends. Well done other then the obvious power line.

Reply 12 of 15, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:
They built around it. Its a new part of the building, a add-on. Makes you wander. Where is the meter? Their living room? […]
Show full quote
xjas wrote:

They built around it.

I thought you meant they added the power line to the upper level of the house, not the other way around. 😳 Hard to believe during the whole construction process no city or power co. inspector stopped by and said, "what the fuck are you doing?" I'm guessing the number of both permits and building professionals involved was zero.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 13 of 15, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
xjas wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:
They built around it. Its a new part of the building, a add-on. Makes you wander. Where is the meter? Their living room? […]
Show full quote
xjas wrote:

They built around it.

I thought you meant they added the power line to the upper level of the house, not the other way around. 😳 Hard to believe during the whole construction process no city or power co. inspector stopped by and said, "what the fuck are you doing?" I'm guessing the number of both permits and building professionals involved was zero.

Probably. We' don't have any zoning here. And we aren't within the town limits. Technicianly we are in the township but that's it. And he got everything done fast.

Reply 14 of 15, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So the pole that is hooked to the roof of the first story is probably right inside that window.

People are so dumb. Hope they have it walled off and get it fixed before somebody gets killed.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 15 of 15, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
cyclone3d wrote:

So the pole that is hooked to the roof of the first story is probably right inside that window.

People are so dumb. Hope they have it walled off and get it fixed before somebody gets killed.

Yes it is.