MBTI

Announcements, advice, random banter, unrelated discussion, et cetera.

MBTI

Postby nforce4max » 2018-3-18 @ 01:29

After discovering this by accident for myself recently I am wondering how some here come up as on this personality test as it could shine some light on some of us here lol.

There is some free tests online for those who didn't know anything like myself.
On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.
User avatar
nforce4max
l33t
 
Posts: 2421
Joined: 2012-5-05 @ 22:55

Re: MBTI

Postby keenmaster486 » 2018-3-18 @ 04:06

Well, I'm ENFP if that means anything...
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Very silly indeed: https://audaxeundum.wordpress.com
User avatar
keenmaster486
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: 2016-2-16 @ 02:04
Location: Atroxus

Re: MBTI

Postby Zup » 2018-3-18 @ 08:16

Personality tests change with time, so I'm not sure if that's useful. My personality changed from 20 years ago (young and in my first employment) to 7 years ago (another employment, recently married) to 4 years ago (my first son was born). I'm the same person, but some corners have softened and others sharpened... and entire parts from my soul blew away. I don't feel the same person.
I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!
User avatar
Zup
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: 2003-10-04 @ 12:16

Re: MBTI

Postby DosDaddy » 2018-3-19 @ 05:01

Guess what, I had misjudged the title of this thread for some kind of obscure PC hardware showing up in eBay!

Anyways, the test has thrown Advocate (INFJ, -A/-T) at me. What to make of this I don't know, and quite frankly it's one of those things that just don't seem to be very useful for anything, even if it were very accurate (which is not; they conveniently omit the sins this personality type is supposed to be more prone to commit). As an employer I'd be a whole lot more interested in hiring a person based on their competence and moral standards, which this test can neither dismiss nor establish, and to top it off, Marxist Lucifer Kinte, Nelson Mandingo and so called mother Teresa show up first in their list of famous advocates...so might as well call me a piece of trash and get it over with :lol:
User avatar
DosDaddy
Newbie
 
Posts: 79
Joined: 2017-5-16 @ 09:37

Re: MBTI

Postby titsmcgee » 2018-3-19 @ 14:59

DosDaddy wrote:Guess what, I had misjudged the title of this thread for some kind of obscure PC hardware showing up in eBay!


I was going to say the same.
I did a test for it. said something about me being the fixer type and said I was like Harrison ford. I'd put this in the trash pile too.
Might be useful for the extreme left and fascist Nazis type. I know they like to label types of people and separate them.
titsmcgee
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 2018-3-06 @ 17:48
Location: Russia

Re: MBTI

Postby Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman » 2018-3-19 @ 15:44

I'm a logician, INTP-T. Perhaps that's the reason my employees often call me eccentric.

Image
Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Say no to online installer.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.
User avatar
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
l33t
 
Posts: 2907
Joined: 2006-11-15 @ 06:44
Location: Indonesia

Re: MBTI

Postby Woolie Wool » 2018-3-19 @ 17:49

MBTI types are horoscopes for nerds. Don't put any stock into them whatsoever.
User avatar
Woolie Wool
Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: 2018-2-03 @ 23:55

Re: MBTI

Postby DosDaddy » 2018-3-27 @ 14:39

titsmcgee wrote:
DosDaddy wrote:Guess what, I had misjudged the title of this thread for some kind of obscure PC hardware showing up in eBay!


I was going to say the same.
I did a test for it. said something about me being the fixer type and said I was like Harrison ford. I'd put this in the trash pile too.
Might be useful for the extreme left and fascist Nazis type. I know they like to label types of people and separate them.


Harrison Ford? that's one sorry a** creep to have in your ranks :lol:

Unfortunately the test doesn't really reveal a thing about anybody. It's just simple, open questions addressing a number of scenarios and people getting classified according to the way they'd presumably respond in said situations. There's no deeper analysis or accounting for absolutely anything else as far as I can read.

If you want to know more about yourselves, read the Bible; it sure leaves no stone unturned: "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

Anyways, we ought to be careful about these tests. Not that they are "dangerous" by themselves but many people have the tendency to resort to them as a way of pumping up their pride, looking to be aided in thinking too highly of themselves as if they were unique or above average, which probably isn't the case for most of us.
User avatar
DosDaddy
Newbie
 
Posts: 79
Joined: 2017-5-16 @ 09:37

Re: MBTI

Postby vvbee » 2018-3-27 @ 17:12

DosDaddy wrote:Anyways, we ought to be careful about these tests. Not that they are "dangerous" by themselves but many people have the tendency to resort to them as a way of pumping up their pride, looking to be aided in thinking too highly of themselves as if they were unique or above average, which probably isn't the case for most of us.

We should be careful about uncritical thought for sure.
User avatar
vvbee
Member
 
Posts: 440
Joined: 2017-2-06 @ 17:56


Return to Milliways

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elod and 4 guests