I have officially gone insane...

IMG_4802.jpg

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 2 of 17, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice camera. What model is it? Reminds me that I have a Rolleiflex 2.8 E2 with original leather case stored away somewhere.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 3 of 17, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Weebob wrote:

How many watts does it pull?

1.21 gigawatts, of course.

Errius wrote:

Nice camera. What model is it? Reminds me that I have a Rolleiflex 2.8 E2 with original leather case stored away somewhere.

Oh, I wish I had a Rolleiflex! Those are nice cameras. This one is a Regula Cita from West Germany, 1953. And yes, it does have film in it and I use it on a regular basis.

Reply 4 of 17, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keenmaster486 wrote:
Weebob wrote:

great-scott.jpg

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 5 of 17, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

next step: submit forum posts typed via snail mail
🤣 🤣 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 6 of 17, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keenmaster486 wrote:

Oh, I wish I had a Rolleiflex! Those are nice cameras. This one is a Regula Cita from West Germany, 1953. And yes, it does have film in it and I use it on a regular basis.

I never used the 2.8 E2 (it was my dad's), but I did have a Rolleiflex SL26 as a kid, which I used with B/W film that I developed myself. The school handyman/caretaker was an amateur photographer and taught me how to do it. I still have all the photos I took back then.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 7 of 17, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

next step: submit forum posts typed via snail mail
🤣 🤣 🤣

I remember someone actually write a protocol to send IP packages using pigeon post, I kid you not.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 10 of 17, by Auzner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

I remember someone actually write a protocol to send IP packages using pigeon post, I kid you not.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149

squiggly wrote:

Full Hipster

😵

Reply 11 of 17, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just bring that to a coffee shop and start "writing your novel" on it. It doesn't matter what you put down on the page, just make sure to clack the keys as loudly as possible and let everyone know what you're doing it on. You'll attract all the babes*.

(* by 'babes' I mean 'dudes with moustaches and fixie bikes.' Which is awesome if you're into that.)

squiggly wrote:

Full Hipster

It's ironically uncool now, so it's cool again.

All joking aside, beautiful piece of gear. 😀 Nice score!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 13 of 17, by DosDaddy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As neat as it looks, the item in the middle I'm pretty glad to see gone for good. I think I still have one of those portable "briefcase"-type Olympia tr's laying around somewhere, but I wouldn't get caught dead laying my fingers on any part of it.

Film cameras are a completely different story and I'd be hard pressed to say there's an adequate replacement in the digital world atm, though it's quickly getting there.

Rotary phones, still as good as ever 😀

Reply 14 of 17, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

SW-SSG, re: King Corduroy: nice radio. Those are very fun to work on... just make sure you replace the capacitors!

Teaser...

IMG_4836.jpg

Reply 15 of 17, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keenmaster486 wrote:
Weebob wrote:

🤣

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks