VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just came across this article on Flipboard. Can you imagine coming across seven floors of new in box decades old hardware that you wanted?

https://arcadeblogger.com/2016/02/11/robotron … e-time-machine/

Reply 2 of 5, by Qjimbo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Vancouver can be a treasure trove for retro stuff sometimes, not sure why exactly! I've done well off of Craigslist here and we have some good used video game stores around as well.

Follow me on twitter

Reply 3 of 5, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Qjimbo wrote:

Vancouver can be a treasure trove for retro stuff sometimes, not sure why exactly! I've done well off of Craigslist here and we have some good used video game stores around as well.

Not just Vancouver (my wife is a dualie and we love YVR), but the Northwest in general. I find more vintage hardware in Oregon and Washington than anywhere else I go in the country for some reason. I think it's the culture and I don't think it's an accident that the largest retro gaming expo is in Portland, Oregon. PRGE every October. I've been to two so far and it's a complete blast.

Reply 4 of 5, by Qjimbo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
liqmat wrote:
Qjimbo wrote:

Not just Vancouver (my wife is a dualie and we love YVR), but the Northwest in general. I find more vintage hardware in Oregon and Washington than anywhere else I go in the country for some reason. I think it's the culture and I don't think it's an accident that the largest retro gaming expo is in Portland, Oregon. PRGE every October. I've been to two so far and it's a complete blast.

Great point and very true! I need to check out PRGE some day.

Follow me on twitter

Reply 5 of 5, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

L0L, Vancouver *Island* kind of sucks, but I think that's because nobody out here bought anything good in the first place. It was e-Machines all the way down, and any of that that's even slightly old is long dead & gone. On the other hand, you can go on the local used site and get smoking deals like Athlon 64 x2s & low-end Core 2 Duos for $180 all day. I need to make it over to the mainland more.

We do have a fantastic game shop around the corner from me, who even stock big box PC games, but there's almost no point "hunting" for stuff in the wild here.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!