Rank
l33t++

https://twitter.com/Astro_Alex/status/1064941806952083456

Reply 1 of 7, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did he put the images already on archive.org or vogonsdrivers?

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 3 of 7, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
root42 wrote:

It'd be interesting, although the personal support floppies should be checked for privacy I guess.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 4 of 7, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cool. Speaking of vintage software, I wonder if they also got a copy of STSOrbit Plus over there.
That satellite tracker was running on MIR space station aeons ago.

stsplusm.jpg
Filename
stsplusm.jpg
File size
94.06 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Source: https://celestrak.com/software/dransom/stsplus.html

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 5 of 7, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
gdjacobs wrote:
root42 wrote:

It'd be interesting, although the personal support floppies should be checked for privacy I guess.

It was not t meant seriously... 😀

However I wonder why they never got rid of those. I figure they must be obsolete even there by now. I guess they have replaced all laptops in the meantime.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 6 of 7, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
root42 wrote:
gdjacobs wrote:
root42 wrote:

It was not t meant seriously... 😀

However I wonder why they never got rid of those. I figure they must be obsolete even there by now. I guess they have replaced all laptops in the meantime.

No roadside trash collection. Everything you want thrown out has to be loaded into a Cygnus, Progress, or HTV module to be burned up on reentry.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 7 of 7, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
root42 wrote:

However I wonder why they never got rid of those. I figure they must be obsolete even there by now.

It's all down to military tactics - when the Daleks invade Earth, they'll first invade the space stations, and so if we humans keep only obsolete hardware on the space stations then the evil ol' Daleks will think we're very backward technically, and so they'll fatally underestimate our military capabilities.

Although maybe we should put the latest PCs on the space stations, as when the Daleks see that we're using Windows 10 then they'll probably laugh themselves to death!