VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know FOTAQ is freeware and downloadable to use with SCUMMVM but wasnt the CD talkie version for Dos available for free download? If yes can someone point me to a link I have the SCUMMVM version which is great for newer PC's but im looking for the Dos version for a real Dos PC. Please PM me if you have an ISO and if this is not aloud on Vogons just a link please.

Reply 1 of 6, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think my GOG version is DOSBox. It's free. Have you checked it out?
https://www.gog.com/game/flight_of_the_amazon_queen

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2 of 6, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It is a scummvm talkie version. It seems the only original file included in the GOG package is the "queen.1" datafile, being 190.787.021 bytes.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 3 of 6, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Was the GOG version ever DOSBox? I seem to remember downloading it years ago and it being for DOSBox, but maybe I'm mistaken. Might have an old download of it on another computer that's not together. If I think of it, I'll see if I can check.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 5 of 6, by Crank9000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
clueless1 wrote:

Was the GOG version ever DOSBox? I seem to remember downloading it years ago and it being for DOSBox, but maybe I'm mistaken. Might have an old download of it on another computer that's not together. If I think of it, I'll see if I can check.

They have repackaged some their games from DOSBox to ScummVM as ScummVM has added support for them, probably because the official DOSBox didn't get a new stable release in five years.