Any others given up on the hobby?

Announcements, advice, random banter, unrelated discussion, et cetera.

Re: Any others given up on the hobby?

Postby ole smoky2 » 2019-11-24 @ 00:22

I am 66 years old and have always messed around with computers. Over the years I saved a lot of stuff as I upgraded my family computers. It was only in the last few years that I found an interest and found the time for retro systems. I am very happy that I stashed a lot of this old stuff in my attic over the years. My advice is save your stuff if you can cause you never know what your future interests may be.
ole smoky2

Postby JonathonWyble » 2019-11-24 @ 21:27

Intel486dx33 wrote:This stuff keeps your mind busy.

Yeah, seeing that people are doing the things I might like is the thing that keeps me motivated in terms of being active in a community related to it.

Despite the fact that I haven't been here much this month, I still do like to take the time to pop in and see how things are doing here :wink:
JonathonWyble

Postby King_Corduroy » 2019-12-03 @ 07:32

Intel486dx33 wrote:This stuff keeps your mind busy.

Is that a good thing? Maybe it would be better to be bored more often, to read, to think, to walk or talk or just to sit and watch the sky for a little bit. I dunno, I found more often than not that my good days were ones I spent away from my electronics (aka my addiction).
Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Also wtf, why are whoppers so good?!
King_Corduroy
Oldbie

Previous

Return to Milliways