User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

-

retrofanatic wrote:

5.25" usb floppy drive would be nice.

-

philscomputerlab wrote:

brand new 286, 386, 486 and Pentium motherboards under a vintage line of some sorts. A high margin, low volume product.

That but micro or portable

-

kolano wrote:

Some sort of all in one sound card (i.e. GUS, SB, Roland, etc. all on one card).

-

AidanExamineer wrote:

So many wonderful dreams so far! I'd love new production floppy drives in different bezel colors.

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

I don't mind huge 4:3 CRT, as long as it's totally flat. 😀

I've been using a CRT for gaming not long ago and - I know it's unhealthy - but the colors looked astounding and the back background looked actually pitch-black.

So, all of the above or just DOSBox. It basically runs on any system and it allows me to play my favourite games in several past graphics cards and with a potentially infinite amount of sound cards. All matches/combinations I couldn't experience for various reasons

Reply 101 of 105, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm going to go old skool now and say I'd like to find a Commodore 1551 floppy drive. That was the black one made for use with the Plus 4. The only problem is that every time I do see one for sale, it's always in Germany and always runs on European power. I'm not sure if they ever even made one that runs on 120v.

Reply 102 of 105, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

a 3d printer that prints working ATX computer cases of vintage designs that haven't had gone past AT

If I could have a modern computer in a 1992-style 486 tower case, i would

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 103 of 105, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I second that, having a modern retro looking computer would be boss.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 104 of 105, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmmm i couple things cross my mind at the moment:

- High quality, small and light 15"/17" LED monitor with 100% MDA/Hercules, CGA, Tandy, EGA, VGA and Super VGA compatibility. The monitor would accept 15pin analog VGA and 9pin Digital TTL input. One monitor does them all.

- A custom firmware for GOTEK floppy emulators that allow them at least to accept all common MFM formats: 360k,720k,1.2MB,1.44MB.

Reply 105 of 105, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

New quality CRTs would be my wish. They are getting kind of hard to find these days and ones in perfect working order are even more rare. 😒

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!