Topic actions

Reply 1001 of 1640, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found it!: The Machines / Universal Warrior

Hand over those MAD BONUS POINTS. 🤑

(I looked at the screenshot and was like; what is a 'nuyen'? So I searched for nuyen and found this )

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 1002 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ahaha, nice detectiving. Nuyen (nu-Yen) is the unit of currency in the game. 😉

I have a funny history with this one, I used to play a ton of it at a friend's place when we were kids. I managed to utterly forget what it was and couldn't figure it out for about 15 years. The super-generic, impossible to search title didn't help. I eventually asked for help on Mobygames which resulted in someone suggesting a similar *board game* which somehow led me down the right path to find it again.

Anyway you're up!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1003 of 1640, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

15 years is a long time, good you retrieved it.

New challenge?:

guess.png
Filename
guess.png
File size
69.41 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

As a generous gesture I will pass on these MAD BONUS POINTS to the next winner. I found my local retailers won't accept these as payment anyways.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 1010 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well that fell flat on its face. I can guess with some confidence that it's a Commodore 64 game (or possibly C16 or +4), it's early (<1990), and it's not Battle Droidz. Other than that, I have no idea. Post a hint!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1011 of 1640, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's part of why I felt it should be allowed to post cropped images of more well-known games.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 1013 of 1640, by FuzzyLogic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

and also it's not Violent Vengeance - that game is also known as Sango Fighter

But it is Violent Vengeance, AKA Universal Hero in Chinese. It's not Sango Fighter

https://youtu.be/op8qUPJpP-w?t=260

Reply 1014 of 1640, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
FuzzyLogic wrote:
leileilol wrote:

and also it's not Violent Vengeance - that game is also known as Sango Fighter

But it is Violent Vengeance, AKA Universal Hero in Chinese. It's not Sango Fighter

https://youtu.be/op8qUPJpP-w?t=260

leileilol face right now...
file.php?avatar=10471_1473890643.gif

Reply 1015 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Okay, this is stupid. No one's going to guess what that one is after some weeks(!) and FuzzyLogic even popped back in and declined to post a hint. I'm gonna declare his entry dead & put up a (hopefully!) easier one in the interest of keeping things moving.

You don't "win" the thread if you post something so obscure that you kill it. That is actually more like losing the thread. If no one's guessed your game after 48 hours, post hints until someone does.

SO, new current game:

stopkillingthethread.png
Filename
stopkillingthethread.png
File size
36.04 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

This should be easy if any of you played this game as much as I did, which was shitloads. 😁

Reply 1016 of 1640, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not guessing (wouldn't be a guess). I haven't got a good screenshot to post. 😀

This game was also pretty cool on Windows 3.1.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 1017 of 1640, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
xjas wrote:
Okay, this is stupid. No one's going to guess what that one is after some weeks(!) and FuzzyLogic even popped back in and declin […]
Show full quote

Okay, this is stupid. No one's going to guess what that one is after some weeks(!) and FuzzyLogic even popped back in and declined to post a hint. I'm gonna declare his entry dead & put up a (hopefully!) easier one in the interest of keeping things moving.

You don't "win" the thread if you post something so obscure that you kill it. That is actually more like losing the thread. If no one's guessed your game after 48 hours, post hints until someone does.

SO, new current game:

stopkillingthethread.png

This should be easy if any of you played this game as much as I did, which was shitloads. 😁

That game is far to obscure. No one could guess it. You killed the game, that's not winning, that's more like loosing.

I'll post w game people can guess :p
11327-AntAttackPC.jpg

Just kidding, I had too. It's not like the name of the game is in the ulr.

Reply 1018 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, gdjacobs knew what it is but won't spill. 😜

Okay, here's a hint. A background element in the unrelated game Raid on Bungeling Bay led directly to the formation of the software house that published this one.

Future hints will be more direct, although that should be completely google-able.

^^ BTW your game is Ant Attack.