VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 122 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For like 2% of the whole game. And only for half of the demo.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 123 of 276, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:

Yeah I'm a fan of Serious Sam as well, picked up the HD remakes off of Steam too and had to reinstall SS2 for a little fun as well.

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 124 of 276, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

I see they didn't go the SS2 route this time (which was by making everything look fruity and going nuts with HDR). Looks impressive though, I'm looking more towards this than DNF.

GUIs and reviews of other random stuff

Вфхуи ZoPиЕ m
СФИР Et. SEPOHЖ
Chebzon фt Ymeztoix © 1959 zem

Reply 125 of 276, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

I just saw a "Let's Play" of the demo. Apparently you play as Duke Nukem, sitting at home, playing Duke Nukem forever.

From what I played of the demo, it was Duke playing a reenactment of the epic final battle with the Cycloid Emperor in the football stadium at the end of DN3D. I am so looking forward to it.
😁

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 126 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can now pre-load DNF on your computer if you've pre-ordered it through Steam.

My Github

Reply 127 of 276, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Another 2 days left for DNF release. So, which of you jok.... errr... I mean distinguished gentlemen are buying it on the first day? 🤣

P.S. - I hope you guys won't tempt me to be one of them! Heheheh...

Last edited by Malik on 2011-06-08, 01:24. Edited 1 time in total.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 129 of 276, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

Not me. I never pay $60 for games. I always wait for price drops or used copies to show up.

I know what you mean! I utilized my pre-order credit with Amazon from L.A. Noire to get $10 bucks off Duke hehe 😁

“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi

Reply 130 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My brother pre-ordered two copies. One BOS Edition for him and a standard edition for me from Amazon. Says it won't arrive until 23rd-30th though. Hopefully it's earlier than that.

My Github

Reply 132 of 276, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

Not me. I never pay $60 for games. I always wait for price drops or used copies to show up.

Also if it ends up being bundled with some piece of expensive hardware, though I wouldn't really count on it.

GUIs and reviews of other random stuff

Вфхуи ZoPиЕ m
СФИР Et. SEPOHЖ
Chebzon фt Ymeztoix © 1959 zem

Reply 133 of 276, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm just kinda mad BOS (Pinball Game with Duke in it) doesn't work on Windows 7. Mine always crashes...

Favorite DNF Demo quotes:

"What about the game Duke, is it any good?"
"Well after 12 @#!(^ing years, it should be!!"
-Duke

"Hey Pal! What are you gonna do, save the world all by yourself?"
EDF Marine

“That’s just... wow! I didn’t understand any of that but if I did I’m sure that guy over there would still have his arms. And at least one of his balls!”
EDF Marine, after Duke draws a plan on a whiteboard

Reply 135 of 276, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
nikiniki wrote:

I won't buy Duke Nukem Forever if it needs internet connection to play in solo mode.

The tired old 'Steam sucks' argument is the least thing you'll worry about.

also *COUGH*CONSOLES*COUGH*.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 136 of 276, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
nikiniki wrote:

I won't buy Duke Nukem Forever if it needs internet connection to play in solo mode.

Tell me about it. I bought Mafia II at Best Buy recently and had to open a Steam account to play it. If swaaye hadn't sent me a code for a free DIRT2 around that time, I would have just brought it back to the store. I can understand requiring online validation when you install the game, but not every time you play it. That's just ridiculous. What happens to everyone who bought a game that requires Steam validation if Steam ever goes out of business? Are we left stuck with a bunch of games that we paid for but now can no longer be played? Does our "license" to play the game last for as long as we own the game or does it expire when Steam does?

Reply 137 of 276, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:
nikiniki wrote:

Tell me about it. I bought Mafia II at Best Buy recently and had to open a Steam account to play it. If swaaye hadn't sent me a code for a free DIRT2 around that time, I would have just brought it back to the store. I can understand requiring online validation when you install the game, but not every time you play it. That's just ridiculous. What happens to everyone who bought a game that requires Steam validation if Steam ever goes out of business? Are we left stuck with a bunch of games that we paid for but now can no longer be played?

yup...

I'll take physical copies over digital any day of the week. Much more controllable and reliable.
If my internet ever goes down, I'll need not worry about not being able to play a campaign or 2.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 138 of 276, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The potential technological trap issue is a different matter with any internet-based DRM. I used to loathe Steam until WON closed and I had no choice... and that was in 2004.
As long as we have day -6 pirates foiling the potential PC market with their ELiTENESS, we'll have to put up with Steam and other potentially crap DRM.

Though in this case, you may be doing yourself a favor of skipping DNF. The auth requirement may be a blessing in disguise.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 139 of 276, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

The potential technological trap issue is a different matter with any internet-based DRM. I used to loathe Steam until WON closed and I had no choice... and that was in 2004.
As long as we have day -6 pirates foiling the potential PC market with their ELiTENESS, we'll have to put up with Steam and other potentially crap DRM.

Though in this case, you may be doing yourself a favor of skipping DNF. The auth requirement may be a blessing in disguise.

They should try less hard giving regular users a hard time with their steam crap and spend more time effectively putting a stop to all those annoying hackers that remain online all the time -_-

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!