486 motherboard

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
nemesis wrote:
I should probably keep my mouth shut on this but since I'm such a troll I have to interject my opinion. Firstly, as much as you […]
Show full quote

I should probably keep my mouth shut on this but since I'm such a troll I have to interject my opinion.
Firstly, as much as you Canadians may want to deny it, you are in fact Americans. Just not United States Americans (kind of a mixed blessing if you ask me).
Second, I love Canada! Lots of good people and stuff from there (I won't discuss music exports though 😉 ).
Third, I've done business overseas and, frankly, I perfer to do business with USA, Canada, UK over most other countries (no I don't think less of others, it's just that I've been screwed before and I tend to be cautious now).
That said, I agree with the basis of your message that it's unfair and frusterating to be blocked from bidding/buying because you live just over a border.

Glad to see you agree with us! 😀
Although ive always made my listings "worldwide" the only places ive ended up selling to are, well... Usa, Canada and Uk... There might be something here in that they are the main English speaking countries.

That being said ive bought things from Japan, China, Ukraine, France, Singapore and hell, even from Uzbekistan! And never had a problems so far!
My ebay feedback is 137. In those 137 transactions i only had two difficult episodes, and both were from American- Sorry- USA sellers.
Make whatever you want of that, i can tell you details if you want.

FM sound card comparison on a Grand Scale!!
The Grand OPL3 Comparison Run.

Reply 21 of 25, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That being said ive bought things from Japan, China, Ukraine, France, Singapore and hell, even from Uzbekistan! And never had a problems so far!
My ebay feedback is 137. In those 137 transactions i only had two difficult episodes, and both were from American- Sorry- USA sellers.
Make whatever you want of that, i can tell you details if you want.

My apologies, as I didn't mean to imply that USA, Canada, and UK were the only reliable countries to do business with. I ment that entirely as an example of why people prefer to do/not do business with certain countries.
There are good and bad people in all countries of the world, with several getting bad raps because of a few good people (i.e. I have a friend that hates USA because he ran into a rude individual from USA and interpreted that as the standard for US). I work with the public so I have to remind myself every day that we are all responsible for our own actions , and the actions of one does not represent the actions of everyone that shares their race/creed/nationality/religion/political stance, etc... I try to get along with everyone now.

Reply 22 of 25, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MaxWar wrote:
feipoa wrote:

I often hop onto other country's eBay sites to see what I can find and if sellers are restricting sales out of their country. Rarely are there Canadian restrictions. So why the Americans?

I noticed the exact same thing. As i said earlier in the thread: Only americans can afford the luxury of not doing overseas, as they have a rather big local market. In some cases i would dare call it laziness. Sell with ebay from anywhere else in the world and you pretty much have to deal with international business or you simply fail. I am Canadian and occasionally sell stuff on ebay, did a dozen sales in the last two years maybe. I always sell to "worldwide" and use shipping calculator. Its not really hard, you basically input the package dimension/weight + handling fee and the calculator does everything automatically. Thats it... Done.

I can understand some arguments such as "oh this country has a very large amount of fraud and delivery is highly unreliable." But really, USA seller refusing to sell even to Canada, basically next door and same reliability... Its just laziness...

So you would be willing to take the loss if a buyer from outside your country decided they were going to screw you over and file a non-delivery complaint even though they received the item? Like I said, there is no way to track a package once it leaves it's country of origin and no way to verify that it has been received at the other end. ebay/Paypal ALWAYS sides with the buyer if the seller cannot prove delivery took place and sometimes even when the seller thinks they do have sufficient proof of delivery.

Reply 23 of 25, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Why do you say there is no way to track a package once it leaves the country? FedEx, UPS, and Canada Post (in conjunction with USPS) maintain strict delivery confirmation requirements between the US and Canada. As far as I know, only sending "regular" parcel post or first-class mail will leave you uncertain in delivery.

My thoughts on the matter are more in line with MaxWar's -- sloth and sufficient national demand.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 24 of 25, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
feipoa wrote:

Why do you say there is no way to track a package once it leaves the country? FedEx, UPS, and Canada Post (in conjunction with USPS) maintain strict delivery confirmation requirements between the US and Canada. As far as I know, only sending "regular" parcel post or first-class mail will leave you uncertain in delivery.

My thoughts on the matter are more in line with MaxWar's -- sloth and sufficient national demand.

You can't even track a package accurately within the US. They are supposed to scan the package at every facility that it passes through so you can see where it is using the online tracking system and they don't even do that. Not a single time I have used the online tracking system have I ever been able to find out where my packages are because they are too damn lazy to scan them in at every point like they are supposed to. The only time I know if the package is on it's way to me is when it is put out for delivery at my local post office. If they can't provide tracking within the US like they should, then how can they provide it once the package crosses the border?

Also, you only talk about Canada, how about shipping to Europe or Asia? I know for a fact that once a package gets on a plane out of the US you can consider it gone forever and will have to rely solely on the honesty of the buyer and the people who are delivering it to not be screwed over. So both of you are completely wrong about why US sellers won't do business outside the US.

Reply 25 of 25, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:
You can't even... Not a single time... too damn lazy... Also, you only talk about... you are completely wrong... […]
Show full quote

You can't even...
Not a single time...
too damn lazy...
Also, you only talk about...
you are completely wrong...

No cause for getting over excited. Strong emotion will not sway anyone, but will have the opposite effect. I'm going to let this lay.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.