Common searches

early 90's rpg suggestions?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 28, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Your loss I guess, it's a fantastic game. I would suggest looking it up before making any silly decisions, were talking 1994 here guys not the stuff they are churning out these days.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 21 of 28, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

but isn't the op like 13

that said AVOID ULTIMA VII!!! FILTY SEX GAME TOO

ALSO DONT PLAY MIDWINTER 2 AND DAGGERFALL (WHICH WONT EVEN WORK on 386... 486s. or pentiums for that matter)!!!

p.s. busty dark elf doesn't mean anything but busty dark elf.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 22 of 28, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

but isn't the op like 13

I am going to guess a little that he is 18 based on the suffix on his username

ALSO DONT PLAY MIDWINTER 2 AND DAGGERFALL (WHICH WONT EVEN WORK on 386... 486s. or pentiums for that matter)!!!

Then why mention them? Are you secretly trying use reverse psychology.

Reply 25 of 28, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The OP already mentioned in one of his posts that he plays Daggerfall, so I wouldn't worry too much. IIRC the Australian version of DreamWeb has the nudity censored out, if that's even a problem. Or maybe it was the UK version, I can't remember.

Reply 26 of 28, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Realms of Arkania - Blade of Destiny (and the trilogy). Hardcore stuff. Character generation is a program by itself, and it will take some time to create and assemble them if you think you're old school RPG player (Pre-made characters also available). Need to consult the manual to comply with the rules of character attributes, though, to successfully create a class.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 27 of 28, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

18 in my username=2018 year I grad. High school. Also Im almost 15 and I've played quite a few of those awesome visual novel games to say the least.

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 28 of 28, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Malik wrote:

Realms of Arkania - Blade of Destiny (and the trilogy). Hardcore stuff. Character generation is a program by itself, and it will take some time to create and assemble them if you think you're old school RPG player (Pre-made characters also available). Need to consult the manual to comply with the rules of character attributes, though, to successfully create a class.

Well, those games are created after the "Das Schwarze Auge" pen-and-paper RPG which was (maybe still is) rather popular at least in Germany. My brother played both the pen-and-paper and the first PC games.
I think the rules are simpler than AD&D, but it is still a full-blown RPG.