VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 22, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Tertz wrote:

At least, later Trinitrons had issue. The image becomes green, overbright and with stripes after time. You may to lower brightness and do color correction (special option) when stripes will appear, - it helps for some time. Then you need to do it more often until it probable will not help. It's design's issue, probably they wanted people bought new model sooner. That trinitrons may be used by such way 15000-20000 hours, while older models could to live twice longer.

Color and lilting problems tend to be with the tube or neck board.
If you recharge the tube, replace the coolant and clean the neck board that should go away.

Reply 21 of 22, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't have much experience to tell ya. But I’ve been using my Gateway EV700 17" CRT as my main monitor for the past 4 years and I say it has great picture quality.

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html

Reply 22 of 22, by oerk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

As much as they are loved, I never quite liked the look of Trinitron CRTs. Somewhat too harsh and sharp.

Most likely because CRT used a striped mask (not sure if that's the right word in English), instead of a dot mask. In this regard, Sony CRTs are more like TVs. A matter of personal preference.

I remember one manufacturer making a mix of striped and dot mask for a while. Mitsubishi? That was when CRTs were still relevant, it's been a while 😀