VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 220 of 276, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:

It's just another case of Gearbox not giving enough money to reviewers. I say fuck them, play it for what it's worth and see for yourself that it's a good game. The arstechnica review feels as if the reviewer didn't play the game for more than 20 minutes and ended up saying stuff that he read on other reviews.

So you actually like the idea of game reviewers giving good reviews to bad games based on the amount of money they get from the publishers?

Reply 221 of 276, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jorpho wrote:

A big gamble? Hardly! They're still going to make more money than they would have otherwise.

Jorpho wrote:

The name is too famous for it to be left alone. A generic boring FPS that would otherwise go unnoticed will sell a lot more copies with the DNF name.

I see what you mean, looking at how things are going... 🤣

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 222 of 276, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:
F2bnp wrote:

It's just another case of Gearbox not giving enough money to reviewers. I say fuck them, play it for what it's worth and see for yourself that it's a good game. The arstechnica review feels as if the reviewer didn't play the game for more than 20 minutes and ended up saying stuff that he read on other reviews.

So you actually like the idea of game reviewers giving good reviews to bad games based on the amount of money they get from the publishers?

If it really came out like that to you then I'm sorry I didn't mean that.

I just hate to see biased reviews. You had Alpha Protocol last year which I thought was a pretty decent if not pretty good game and it ended up being hammered down by reviewers all over the world because of "bad graphics"(which were totally fine just not high end or anything) and "bugs" (which only consisted of graphical bugs and did not interrupt gameplay at all...
So, since last year I don't really care what reviewers say about games.
Don't read the reviews online, play the game and judge for yourself.

Reply 223 of 276, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:
If it really came out like that to you then I'm sorry I didn't mean that. […]
Show full quote
sliderider wrote:
F2bnp wrote:

If it really came out like that to you then I'm sorry I didn't mean that.

I just hate to see biased reviews. You had Alpha Protocol last year which I thought was a pretty decent if not pretty good game and it ended up being hammered down by reviewers all over the world because of "bad graphics"(which were totally fine just not high end or anything) and "bugs" (which only consisted of graphical bugs and did not interrupt gameplay at all...
So, since last year I don't really care what reviewers say about games.
Don't read the reviews online, play the game and judge for yourself.

But when playing the game for yourself involves a $60 cash outlay, it gets expensive especially if the game turns out to be horrible. Then the publisher gets the idea in their head that they can put any old piece of crap out and people will buy it. I'd rather not inflate their sales figures if I don't like the game.

Reply 225 of 276, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:

You still don't make any sense. What's your point? You didn't like the game?
That's fine mate, everyone has their opinions.

The point is if I buy the game and don't like it, what are my options? I can't return it for a refund once it's opened, so why should I take the risk? I'd rather wait for someone else to play it who doesn't have a vested interest in giving it a good review. How many bad reviews do you think magazines or websites give to publishers who take out full page ads? How much credibility do you you think they have when their livelihood depends those ads? Are they going to say the latest Madden game sucks and have EA stop taking out ads not only for this years Madden but also every other game they release in the future? Consumers need more protection when it comes to software purchases. If you buy it and it doesn't live up to the hype, you should be able to return it for a full refund even if the security code has been activated.

Reply 226 of 276, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can always play the demo...
Or just download the game, play an hour or so and decide for yourself. In general, you've got a lot of options nowdays, many more than you had say 10 years ago. You can find a lot of opinions and reviews on the Internet from websites that will not see any profit from the game, so they may be unbiased.

Reply 228 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It seems to happen mostly to people with ATI cards. I don't remember the fix off-hand. Something to do with ATI's config tools. It doesn't just happen to mirrors either. Any texture can fall victim.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 229 of 276, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just made it to Duke Burger. Makes me want to go to Big Boy's/Elias Bros. in Michigan. Noms!

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 230 of 276, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jmrydholm wrote:

I just made it to Duke Burger. Makes me want to go to Big Boy's/Elias Bros. in Michigan. Noms!

I was thinking the same thing about a juicy burger, however, I would rather choose my local greasy spoon tavern that makes a very tasty jumbo burger 😉

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 232 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The DNF demo is being released publicly on all platforms soon.

My Github

Reply 233 of 276, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guys DSP has done a marvelous job of explaining his truth on the matter. And yes, I have known about DSP, from back when his youtube channel was Darksydephil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th2z0xT-X5s

Reply 234 of 276, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
WolverineDK wrote:

Guys DSP has done a marvelous job of explaining his truth on the matter. And yes, I have known about DSP, from back when his youtube channel was Darksydephil

Too bad he doesn't know anything about Duke Nukem. He says Duke 3D was the first game when it was actually the third. What an idiot.

Reply 235 of 276, by Barry_Purplelips

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recall myself agreeing a 100% with Adrenaline Vault on every single game I was interested in. Not sure if they're any good anymore, though. Last game I cared to check was American McGee's Alice, and I don't regret the purchase.

Bottom line, if there's no demo available, be sure to read enough reviews from the people you're about to trust and find out whether or not they meet your standards.

Reply 236 of 276, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:

Too bad he doesn't know anything about Duke Nukem. He says Duke 3D was the first game when it was actually the third. What an idiot.

man u shudnt confuse duke nukum with duke nukem hes different he doesnt swear he watches oprah and has pink shirt. thats not the same.

first game IS duke3d for nintendo 64 SECOND is time to kill then THIRD is land of the babs fourth is duke nukem fourever get it
also duke nukem advance is a rameck of duke3d butt with aliens.

u shud know duke nukem fourever was originally planned for the dreamcast. then the dreamcast died and u all got the game on ur 360. if u ask me they shudlve released it on dreamcast to make more money

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 237 of 276, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

Of course he knows, that (hell I remember in one of his older news update) he mentioned the old platformers. And no he is not an idiot. Nukum/Nukem is the same guy, but the company changed Nukem to Nukum, cause they were afraid of copyright infringement and shit like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Uueh8xiF0& (link unrelated to the nukum/nukem affair but his hateful truth about the sequel to Alice)

Reply 238 of 276, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

All I know is that I love this game. I don't care what mainstream sites say, most of the reviewers don't know what a real 3dfps is like... I have played those games that score 85+% and they are just awful.
Noone sane would expect DNF to be an epic game of unimaginable perfection , and it is not - but it certainly is NOT the kind of crap damned sites say it is. bah.

... plus I got this talking Duke-head keychain, you can't beat that 🤣

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogkbw6thfTk

edit: I am watching the video of the guy, he got it right

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 239 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My version of Duke 1 says "Nukem" with no "U".

My Github