Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 220 of 6044, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great post jwt27, that information will come in handy for my next attempt. I think I'd draw the line at MGE XE, because that really opens up your options with regards to shaders, etc (and that's where I start obsessively trying them all), but the rest sound like very worthwhile mods.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 221 of 6044, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah yes, I know what you're talking about. That point where you keep tweaking settings and changing stuff in an attempt to enhance the game, to the point where it detracts from the gameplay itself. I had that with the lighting settings for a moment and now I'm back there again with distant land... Though DOS games are even worse in this respect, I can never decide which sound card or module to use with each game 🙁

Reply 222 of 6044, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jwt27 wrote:

Though DOS games are even worse in this respect, I can never decide which sound card or module to use with each game 🙁

Me either, what's wrong with us?

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 223 of 6044, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote:
jwt27 wrote:

Though DOS games are even worse in this respect, I can never decide which sound card or module to use with each game 🙁

Me either, what's wrong with us?

Not the only ones that do that 😲
I do that with Dos games especially if I like ESS FM synth over normal OPL-3 IF a game supports it like Megaman X or Super Street Fighter II.
Sometimes I want to hear a game with Creative CQM, and other times I like GM, or Awe32 Midi.
Dunno how many times I've replayed Final Fantasy 7, just to use another different sounding GM, Sound-font set, or FM sound card for a slightly different experience.

Reply 224 of 6044, by foey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Theme Park World over the last couple of days. I think I want to kill the announcer. If he says that my staff could do with way points one more time... 🤣

Cyrix Instead Build, 6x86 166+ | 32mb SD | 4mb S3 Virge DX | Creative AWE64 | Win95
ATC-S PIII Tualatin Win9x Build :- ATC-S PIII Coppermine Win9x Build Log [WIP] **Photo Heavy**

Reply 225 of 6044, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

as far as retro games, Im playing through System Shock 2.

as far as more modern games I just finally finished Bioshock2 , I always heard it was the weakest in the series and I have to agree, its not a bad game by any means, its just that the biggest emotion I got from it was wanting to play any of the other Shock games...

Reply 226 of 6044, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Retro games: Command & Conquer Gold
Modern: Just finished Bioshock Infinite (highly recommended), now playing The Wolf Among Us

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 227 of 6044, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I currently have a bunch of games going.
Now that I have my PCjr to USB project needs fulfilled I am playing oolite with the PCjr joystick.
I also have been playing GTA IV and LA Noir lately though. Both are quite fun although the driving in LA noir feels arcade-like at best.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 228 of 6044, by BSA Starfire

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Unreal tournament 99 on the voodoo P3, I'm amazed after 15 years an online game is just one click away 😀
World Of Tanks on Xbox 360, love this to bits 😀
Speed Devils and Tokyo Highway Challenge 2 on the Dreamcast.

286 20MHz,1MB RAM,Trident 8900B 1MB, Conner CFA-170A.SB 1350B
386SX 33MHz,ULSI 387,4MB Ram,OAK OTI077 1MB. Seagate ST1144A, MS WSS audio
Amstrad PC 9486i, DX/2 66, 16 MB RAM, Cirrus SVGA,Win 95,SB 16
Cyrix MII 333,128MB,SiS 6326 H0 rev,ESS 1869,Win ME

Reply 229 of 6044, by fyy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BSA Starfire wrote:

Unreal tournament 99 on the voodoo P3, I'm amazed after 15 years an online game is just one click away 😀

But also the GameSpy debacle taught us that finding servers via a centralized Master Browser thats susceptable to closing due to age is a real issue for playing multiplayer classic games.

Reply 231 of 6044, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've started playing Jagged Alliance 2 on my Win98 P3 box. I bought it from GOG and tried playing on my modern pc with that 1.13 patch, but the graphics look like arse on an lcd. It looks MUCH better on a CRT and it seems a bit more stable on Win98.

I didn't end up using the 1.13 patch as it screws with the game balance pretty badly.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 232 of 6044, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Played a match of Return Fire 2 with the CPU.
Old Glide game that also supports OpenGL and D3D.
Probably good for benchmarking somehow cause of that. Not many games support all three.
Highly recommend it along with it's predecessor.

Reply 234 of 6044, by Holering

User metadata

I beat Doom64EX. Was surprised with the final boss (wasn't expecting it). I find Doom64 to be a very well done game. It reminds me of a sort of Quake meets Doom sort of way. It's pretty rare to see a game remade for a console when it originated on the PC, especially a well known title. It's better IMHO than "Doom Custom Playstation Edition".

Currently playing Duke3D 1.3D. Might play some Carmageddon too. Have to get my hands on Diablo expansion.

Reply 235 of 6044, by Duouk2000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'd love to play through Hellfire but I only ever seem to see it listed as an expensive BIN on eBay and it's yet to turn up in the local charity shops.

Reply 236 of 6044, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

I have Hellfire and have played it a few times in the past, but not recently. Maybe I'll install it on my Win98SE rig (already finished Diablo twice) and give it a whirl just for old-times' sake 😀

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 237 of 6044, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My dad might still have his old copy of Hellfire somewhere. He didn't really like it, though I'm curious about the extra features it adds.

Reply 238 of 6044, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Project IGI and boy! is this a game to tear your hair out!
It runs just great on Win7 x64 without even any compatibility mode, for me anyway.
I'm at the last level, level 14, Finding the Bomb and have been for as long as I can remember, which may in fact be several years to tell the truth and I still haven't managed to complete this level.
If there had been a save option, even something minimal, it would have helped a lot instead of having to restart the mission.
I don't like game cheats as a rule but if the demo version cheat of typing 'nada' at the menu and putting it into easy mode worked on the full version, I'd be tempted.
Love the game though; one of my favourites.
IGI2014-10-0514-55-07-24_zps380b193f.jpg

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 239 of 6044, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Far Cry!

What a great game!

My XP Pentium 3.2 with 6600GT is struggeling a little at 1600 x 1200, but my main Windows 8.1 machine is fine. The game is full of technical details regarding patches, driver versions, graphical glitches, HDR, EAX which I always like 😀

Will build a XP 64 bit machine down the track because I want to play the AMD64 patched version at least one in my life 😜

Also recording a ton of game footage for a review video I would like to produce.

YouTube, Facebook, Website