Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 300 of 1960, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow, is that the DOS Collector's CD ROM version of X-Wing? I'm jealous, that's the best version and I only ever had the boxed copies of the DOS floppy version and the not-so-great Windows CD version.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 301 of 1960, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yep it is 😀 Now I need to find an old gameport joystick that works so I can enjoy these, Wing Commander, and anything else that needs a joystick.

PCs, Macs, old and new... too much stuff.

Reply 302 of 1960, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been raiding my local Value Village for old PC CD-ROM games. It's a gold mine at times! And the discs are almost always in perfect condition, too. They don't sell with boxes anymore sadly (except small boxes sometimes), but jewel cases a plenty. I've gotten the following games from there:

Loom CD
X-Wing Collector's CD
Mech Warrior 2
Mech Warrior 2 Expansion
Broken Sword 2
No One Lives Forever GOTY
No One Lives Forever 2
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Driver
C&C Tiberian Sun
Rogue Squadron 3D
AVP2
Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time
Knights of the Old Republic
Serious Sam TFE
Serious Sam TSE
The Dig
Warcraft II (Battle.net)
Unreal Tournament
Unreal (not gold)
Rebel Assault II
Torin's Passage
Quest for Glory Anthology
Shivers
Lost Mind of Dr Brain
Return to Krondor
Kyrandia 1
Morrowind GOTY
Wing Commander 3
Wing Commander 4
Lemmings CD
Half-Life GOTY
Blue Shift

Before they stopped selling big boxes I found brand new copies of Duke Nukem 3D Atomic, DukeZone!, and Duke Xtreme brand new. Never opened (except by Value Village to check the contents, I guess). I also found the X-Files game and Homeworld GOTY.

X-Wing Collector's CD came with the manual for X-Wing vs Tie Fighter but not the game 🙁. Also found the first C&C but it only had disc 2 included. So you can bum out sometimes, but usually it's pretty good. Thrift stores can be a gold mine

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 304 of 1960, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I raid the local thrift stores here all the time, I'll post some pics eventually when I have all my shelves setup in the new place.

The Dig is worth quite a lot of money now, as are most of the LucasArts point and click games, nice score. I scored Sam and Max Hit the Road boxed at the local St Vincent DePaul not too long ago.

Half Price Books is great sometimes, sometimes not. We have 6 or 7 stores in the greater area around here, I also hit them quite often and find some good stuff. Some things they get the price for way too much though, they wanted $40 for MechWarrior 3 Gold Boxed (and rough), 🤣!

Reply 305 of 1960, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Went to Gamestop today to use a gift card and got the Dungeons and Dragons Anthology Master Collection. It has Baldur's Gate, TOSC, BGII Shadows of Amn, BGII Throne of Bhaal, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale II, Planescape Torment, and The Temple of Elemental Evil. For $19.99, it's cheaper than GoG.

Reply 306 of 1960, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A sweet shipment of games arrived for me today 😁 $26 shipped, how awesome is that? I'm gonna be lazy and just link one of the eBay pictures.
dAbC2.png

Games:

Ultimate Quake (Quake I, II, III Arena) - Boxed Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II + Mysteries of the Sith - Boxed Unreal Tournament Co […]
Show full quote

Ultimate Quake (Quake I, II, III Arena) - Boxed
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II + Mysteries of the Sith - Boxed
Unreal Tournament
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (this wasn't listed in the ad but he included it anyway!)
Deus Ex
Deus Ex 2: Invisible War - Boxed
Hitman 2
MDK 2
Soldier of Fortune 2
Thief II

Reply 308 of 1960, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Dang, nice haul dude! I'm hoping to find some boxed NFS games myself, my Voodoos want to give them a try haha.

Reply 311 of 1960, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm a sucker for big box games, and these came up for a good price (they're all complete w/ manuals) with combined shipping. You can see who the seller was, too.

Space Quest 2 (includes Thexder!):
Ye6pMl.png

Space Quest 3:
mLaR5l.png
yhkdxl.png
PEGnFl.png

Space Quest 4:
92ZHdl.jpg

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 312 of 1960, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Stuff I picked up over past couple of weeks on the cheap:

Picture55.jpg

Picture59.jpg

Fallout 3 GOTY and Oblivion GOTY were new sealed for 2 bucks each. Actually most stuff you see there was between 99 cents and 5 bucks depending on the game.

Reply 314 of 1960, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Forgotten Realms Archive is highly recommended, that, and any other compilation of the SSI A,D&D games. Finding some of the individual games complete and in working order can be difficult and expensive. The compilations can sometimes still be had for a reasonable price.

Reply 318 of 1960, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I also recently grabbed a copy of Star Trek: Final Unity myself. I got it at a book and vinyl record store- they have a small section for games in one corner. They even have comic books! 😁 I still have my Thexder and Space Quest II floppies. LOVED Neo-Thexder on the PS3!

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 319 of 1960, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

found some neat games today at the thrift store!

As a rabid fan of the fallout series, I'm really excited to play this one:
Visions of atftermath: the boomtown http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/visions-of- … eCoverId,23812/

The thing comes with 1950's looking booklets about how to build your own fallout shelter and more!

Wargame construction set: http://gamesdbase.com/game/atari-st/wargame-c … uction-set.aspx

The ancient art of war at sea: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/ancient-art … t-sea/cover-art

Deluxe paint 4 for amiga:
dpaint4.jpg

Monsters and make believe for apple 2: http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/monsters-make-believe

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.