VOGONS

Reply 380 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

elianda, I have three archives - one is the install set for CT2950 for Win3.x/9x. The other two, I'm not able to verify now, since my copies are on another hard drive which is not with me now. I think the Sound Blaster 16 BASIC you mentioned may be referring to the "Basic Disk" which contains the basic initializers/drivers?

I think TheMAN's archive may already contain them..

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 381 of 442, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Driver details can now be edited.

Click the "Edit this entry!" link on a driver's individual page, and you can modify the title and description.

The description supports BBCode, and behaves the same as the BBCode editor on VOGONS. The output should look the same too. The only limit is 5000 characters including BBCode, and no inline images, there is a spot for an image at the top of the page.

The facility to add that image is coming soon, along with the facility to upload your own drivers!

Oh, and sorry about the recaptcha on the edit page. It was quicker and easier to implement than a username+password system, and it also means you don't need to maintain yet another account just to use this editing function from time to time.

Edit: Almost forgot, the "uploaded by" field can't be changed through the UI at the moment. I don't think it needs to be editable, because the person who contributed the file will never change! I'm in the process of migrating the "Uploaded by" information from the description fields to the uploader fields. That should happen tonight some time.

Edit2: Almost forgot this too! index2.php is gone. The new interface is live!

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com is now the place to go!

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 382 of 442, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You are AWESOME Squall! I have many drivers to contribute.

Reply 384 of 442, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Uploader names are now in the appropriate fields! 😀

Reply 386 of 442, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
elianda wrote:
Malik, when surfing the web, I found SB16 drivers of this version (3 disks): Sound Blaster 16 BASIC SB16-FW-03-ENG (Revision 3) […]
Show full quote

Malik, when surfing the web, I found SB16 drivers of this version (3 disks):
Sound Blaster 16 BASIC
SB16-FW-03-ENG (Revision 3)
Sound Blaster 16 Disk #1

is this already archived?

it's in my compilation CD already 😀

these are not "basic" in the sense that contain only drivers... on the contrary, "basic" was just the branding name of the SB16... the 3 disks includes apps and utils... very old and crude compared to the newer SB16 apps though

Reply 387 of 442, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

File uploading is now working, for files up to 30,000,000 bytes. Valid extensions are arj, lha, lzh, zip, rar, 7z, iso, and bin. Other extensions can be easily added, just let me know what you need.

You can include an image with your upload too, limited to 1,000,000 bytes. File extension must be jpg, gif or png. Image size must not exceed 800px in either dimension.

Use the "upload a file" link in the left hand navigation bar to get started.

Adding an image to existing files is on its way. 😀

Edit: An FTP based solution is on the way for larger files! Stay tuned!

Edit2: Fixed the site looking broken on Internet Explorer. Silly me forgot to include the doctype, and that was triggering the IE6 quirks mode.

Reply 388 of 442, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can now upload images for existing drivers through the "edit" interface.

Let me know if there are any bugs with this.

Reply 389 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guys, I hope some of you have basically taken a giant backup of the iso files. Cause the feds has shut down megaupload in some bullshit case.

Reply 390 of 442, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

VogonsDrivers has a copy of everything in this thread, I didn't yet make it to Malik's 3DFX thread though.

Reply 391 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

VogonsDrivers has a copy of everything in this thread, I didn't yet make it to Malik's 3DFX thread though.

Thanks mate, I was suddenly in a VERY sad mood. You rock, but then again we all rock 😁 because most of us are doing it, out of sharing the love 😀 and be good human beings, but remember to try to get the 3DFX drivers from that thread. Through my multi upload links.

Reply 392 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Pheww...just in time to send the SB drivers to vogonsdrivers, I guess, thanks to everyone's efforts, and Squallstrife's initiative.

For me, human made laws are major flaws. It is indeed sad to hear the so called "conspiracies" accusations against Megaupload. I can sense the netizens are gonna hit back hard at the authorities, including the Anonymous hacker groups.

(Just because a knife can be a weapon to kill, nobody stopped the people from having (at least a few) knives in the kitchen of every single household, to cut vegetables and fruits for consumption.) Or are the authorities planning to start a new bill to implement licenses to buy home knives too?

Fortunately WolverineDK has made Multiupload mirrors too.

I do have a a copy of most of the SB drivers, and also most 3dfx CDs. But my upload speed is not very good, so I let you guys upload them more frequently. I'll help uploading whatever is needed too.

Reply 393 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

SquallStrife: When you go for the 3DFX files, then go for the multi upload link (yeah that sounded quirky), but when you push a multi upload , you even get the option of downloading from multi upload itself or any other of the maybe functioning mirrors. So you better, please download them/try to download them first from Multi Upload. And then try the other links.

Reply 394 of 442, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Unfortunately, I can't see any of the SB Live! CDs on the VogonsDrivers website. Are they scheduled to be uploaded at some stage?

Reply 395 of 442, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmm, you're right! There's one SB Live DOS archive on there... Interesting.

Let me suss it out.

Reply 396 of 442, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok, I think we need to gather the CD images again. I think we can use Dropbox to transfer amongst ourselves for the time being before uploading to vogonsdrivers, if anyone having difficulties. Let SquallStrife or WolverineDK or me know if anyone is having a copy. I'll check back my own collecttion. I still have my own CDs - namely the Live 5.1 Platinum CD and it's Applications CD and another Live! 24-bit CD. I'll upload these to vogonsdrivers.

Reply 397 of 442, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sounds good. I don't think we need the X-Fi disks though, not very "vintage" are they? 😉

Reply 398 of 442, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great. Thanks guys. One other thing please. Friendly reminder - I was looking for some 3dfx Voodoo installation CDs too. Thanks.

Reply 399 of 442, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

Sounds good. I don't think we need the X-Fi disks though, not very "vintage" are they? 😉

No worries mate 😀