VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 41, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Love that ROB. I've still never seen one actually used. They were just like trophies some kids had sitting on the shelf. 😀 I guess that's still what they are, but they're iconic.
A friend of mine had one of the earlier "Deluxe Set" NES packages that came with that thing, but we never got the robot to work. We were probably doing something wrong.

I guess it depends partly on the threshold of how often I use these things. I have an Atari 7800 from 1987 but I haven't used it in a long while. My NES is from 1988, it gets used more often.
Here's something I use several times a week:

crop.jpg
Filename
crop.jpg
File size
23.02 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Terrible picture, it was grabbed from a low quality video of it malfunctioning over a year ago. It's an old Digi DC-120 commercial scale, the manual is from 1991 but mine was apparently made in 1997. They came with different load cell options, this one is 10lbs which gives good accuracy for weighing small packages.
The manual describes features that I've never gotten to work. The key sequences it tells you to enter simply don't have the effect it says they do. All I can figure is that my ROM version is completely different than whatever the manual was written for.
I had to recap it about a year ago after that picture was taken. Ever since I did that the counting function got screwy. Now it wants ridiculous sample sizes to get a unit weight, essentially making the feature unusable. I'm not sure how that happened, but it still weighs things very well.

Reply 41 of 41, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The bicycle I pedal myself to work on is pretty old technology - it has hydraulic disk brakes, but that's pretty old tech too I'd image. And once I get to my desk, my trusty Casio FC-100 is at the ready:

calculadora-financiera-casio-fc-100-mar-del-plata-321301-MLA20292262355_052015-F.jpg

Life? Don't talk to me about life.