VOGONS GAME SERVER IS UP! Down for now.

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
DracoNihil wrote:

I'm able to query the server just fine, just for the record I use the name "Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñïght.:" in the Unreal series.

EDIT: It says the server doesn't require a password, you may need to navigate to the [Engine.GameInfo] block of UnrealTournament.ini and set GamePassword= to something valid without spaces.

wops missed that. Don't know how I missed it

Last edited by Jade Falcon on 2016-11-13, 23:58. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 42 of 135, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jade Falcon wrote:

wops missed that. Don't know how

No problem, you can also set the GamePassword dynamically if you're using the UnrealTournament.exe method of server execution because not only can you use the server console/log interactively to type "Set GameInfo GamePassword <passwordhere>" you can also set the password in Advanced Options I think...?

Regardless, glad to see things are up and running!

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 43 of 135, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I only have a disk version (never tried it, got it in a second hand shop like only last year or so), which patches will I be needing in order to join?

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 44 of 135, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

436 no delta. 451's for servers only

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 45 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Tetrium wrote:

I only have a disk version (never tried it, got it in a second hand shop like only last year or so), which patches will I be needing in order to join?

The old cd version will work. I installed it from a old big box copy.
Version 400 to 436 will work, but I recommend installed the 436 patch.
If you need the patch let me know.

If my network can handle it I will setup more game servers, all of witch will be old cd copy's.

Reply 46 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Server seems to be doing well, i been playing around with a few things.

Looks like it crashes with about 500 bots 😵

if anyone is logged on let me know how it plays on your end.

Reply 47 of 135, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Seems to work fine, but I never played UT before, so usually I have no idea where I'm going 🤣!
And I need to tweak my controls a bit and get used to it 😀

I don't really like that many bots around though, I'll be Lucky to even make it to a weapon spawn point before dying 😵

Which maps are available for rotation?

And how to I type ingame messages? 😊

Report spammers here!

Reply 48 of 135, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

All that's missing is a Team Speak Vogons room!

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 49 of 135, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think discord would be 6903 times better.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 50 of 135, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I suggest posting the password in the first post as an attached image, you have to log-in to see the image.

my important / useful posts are here

Reply 51 of 135, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

I think discord would be 6903 times better.

Not for linux users. I'm not touching a unstable wrapper around a webapp. Either give me a fully functional C\C++ program that behaves normal and standalone or I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.

Even Skype for Linux is going the road of "Let's wrap the Webapp in this container so it's like a "native" program!" stupidity.

If teamspeak is so bad then why not Mumble? That's FOSS, written using a compiled language and I have never had any issues with it when I used to use it.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 52 of 135, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ODwilly wrote:

All that's missing is a Team Speak Vogons room!

Team Speak would be fine by me, though it can be a bit of a nuisance when it comes to sound.

And perhaps fill the server with a couple bots, because the maps are very empty. Even 4 bots would suffice I think.

And I really need to improve 🤣
But was tons of fun!

And I'll think of a better IGN as well.

Report spammers here!

Reply 53 of 135, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Teamspeak is fine with me too, still has decent native Linux support even though it's a bit sketchy.

My only suggestion for the server is to set the GameSpeed\TimeDilation back to normal\1.0 or what not, it's a bit too crazy playing it the way it is now.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 54 of 135, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
James-F wrote:

I suggest posting the password in the first post as an attached image, you have to log-in to see the image.

Excellent idea. I was going to suggest PMing the password to those who request it, but this is better. The server will be eventually discovered by google searchers looking for UT99 servers to play on who have no interest in joining the forum.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 55 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
clueless1 wrote:
James-F wrote:

Excellent idea. I was going to suggest PMing the password to those who request it, but this is better. The server will be eventually discovered by google searchers looking for UT99 servers to play on who have no interest in joining the forum.

That's why I request users to use there vogons name. I can kick non vogons members and ban there ip.
I'll put the password in a image tonight

Reply 56 of 135, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jade Falcon wrote:
clueless1 wrote:
James-F wrote:

That's why I request users to use there vogons name. I can kick non vogons members and ban there ip.
I'll put the password in a image tonight

One can always fake a Vogons name though, so you'd have no guarantee it's a real Vogons member. Happened regularly back when one could change IGNs within a minute in online games.

Last edited by Tetrium on 2016-11-14, 14:33. Edited 1 time in total.

Report spammers here!

Reply 57 of 135, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well my playername was just mentioned in this thread so people will know it's me if they follow the thread. I hope that's acceptable otherwise I'll go ahead and use my forum name in the server.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 58 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
DracoNihil wrote:

Well my playername was just mentioned in this thread so people will know it's me if they follow the thread. I hope that's acceptable otherwise I'll go ahead and use my forum name in the server.

As long as we know who you are I'm ok with it.
if you don't use you forum name just let everyone know.

Reply 59 of 135, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Tetrium wrote:

I don't really like that many bots around though, I'll be Lucky to even make it to a weapon spawn point before dying 😵

I was testing the server sorry, only 2 bots max from now on.

Tetrium wrote:

Which maps are available for rotation?

Right now is just deathmatch maps.

Tetrium wrote:

And how to I type ingame messages? 😊

the "Y" key