Reply 40 of 42, by Peter Swinkels

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Vynix wrote on 2020-01-31, 20:45:
Peter Swinkels wrote on 2020-01-31, 19:53:
SpectriaForce wrote on 2020-01-31, 19:28:

France had their own SECAM models, sets offered in The Netherlands were PAL.

Pictures?

Here's a SÉCAM model that I found a picture of, in fact this was the one we had as a backup set, unfortunately I don't remember the model of this set, nor if it had that "tuning tray". EDIT: that one was a Philips 20C5223, based on the TVC12 chassis, my mom would jokingly call it the "Aquarium coffin".

I remember my dad only used it once to test a indoor antenna that he found in the trash (you know the saying, one man's trash is another's treasure, I guess 🤣) after that it went into the broom closet before we got rid of it. That damn thing had issues locking onto a channel for instance, you set it on Ch. 2 (France 2) and it would sometimes "pick" Ch. 1 (TF1) before going back to Ch. 2.

Vaguely similar, definitely the same era. 😄

Do not read if you don't like attention seeking self-advertisements!

Did you read it anyway? Well, you can find all sorts of stuff I made using various programming languages over here:
https://github.com/peterswinkels

Reply 41 of 42, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looking at the pictures you posted previously, this one indeed has a rather uncanny ressemblance.

One day I'd like to find a 20C5223, it's a shame that they have became so scarce.

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 42 of 42, by Peter Swinkels

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Vynix wrote on 2020-02-01, 02:40:

Looking at the pictures you posted previously, this one indeed has a rather uncanny ressemblance.

One day I'd like to find a 20C5223, it's a shame that they have became so scarce.

Hmmm, it would be interesting to revisit such old hardware. But old cartoons and other stuff can be found online. Or even bought on DVD/Blu-Ray. Heck Netflix has relatively old cartoons on it, no 80s stuff as far as I know, but still early 2000s.

Do not read if you don't like attention seeking self-advertisements!

Did you read it anyway? Well, you can find all sorts of stuff I made using various programming languages over here:
https://github.com/peterswinkels