VOGONS

Common searches

stop killing games review

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

https://www.stopkillinggames.com/

the above link is for reference to the discussed post.
I was reading how many games are unplayable today because they relied on servers the gamer didnt control personally.
Always online games didnt require always paying fees so it felt like a tear at one point that the server and game would shut down eventually.

but emulation to get around the dmca drm thing is illegal, so the right to be forgotten for games became a reality after 1998.

MMOs or strictly online only games were a given to shut down. I cant think of single player games being removed from all libraries on digital storefronts other than maybe the licensing.

amazon's luna luna.amazon.com service i see includes an expiration date
ex fallout 3 Included in Prime - available through Oct 10, 2024

full disclosure like that is ok its made upfront that the user will loose the title at some point.

but i stick to old games from 1999-2004 before steam was a thing because steam kind of kick started this digital only world where the cds you got with the games were just a backup installer and offline useless coasters.

the keys you cant resell or reuse so they are just junk.

the only thing that came out of this is drm-free media of course from sites like gog.com, humblebundle.com, itch.io, CERTAIN games on steam/epic/etc. I mean CERTAIN caveat emptor

ive stayed behind but can you really be left behind forced to be forgotten?

games these days are on a fishing pole used as bait to attract you and i and when its all over they reel us in and gut us.

iami