VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_editions.asp

Microsoft marketing are quite simply mad 😒 It's good to have choice but isn't there too much choice here? Looking at the list, I can't see any more than 4 being of real use and then I'm pushing the boundary of 'need'.

Reply 1 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC, there are just as many XP versions. Users won't really care.....they'll just use whatever comes with their computers. The only time they'll get confused is when they say....go to a computer ordering website and they go to the OS box and notice a couple of versions there.

Assuming that DRM/activation is heavily in Vista everyone will just use the "Ultimate" ver off of Bittorent anyway. 😉

Last edited by DosFreak on 2005-09-19, 20:37. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 6, by ThePerson98

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Today, its stupid. People need to learn how to use their computer and the basics. I just got off the phone with my friend who was trying to use trillian, I had my account passworded, and his account on there. He was trying to use mine, but couldnt, he didnt even switch to the other account. I help them with EVERY little computer problem...His laptop monitor is slightly loose. One night it just goes loose. And the first thing he says is "Freaking hackers!" And I was like "o.o...That isnt a hacker you idiot"

AMD Athlon XP 2500+
Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus
ATi Radeon 9800 256 MB
Maxtor 200 GB
Western Digital 40 GB
512 MB PC2700 DDR RAM

Reply 5 of 6, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am convinced that 98% of the world should never, ever, ever have a computer. Unfortunately, now that you can buy a complete desktop system with monitor for $200, things are only going to get much, much worse. The computing world is going to start becoming dangerously wasteful -- "Computer broke? Oh well, it's only $200. Go buy a new one!" -- and dangerously stupid -- "Well I've already got the spyware on there so I shouldn't have any of that spyware. I make sure to run my Nortons [which hasn't been updated in 1200 days and alerts the user every time their computer is turned on] every week and I installed Microsoft Windows Office but I threw away the CD right after because it's installed now, why would I need that?" (Note that these are all things that actual customers have said to me, compressed into one mondo sentence illustrating impeccable user logic.)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 6 of 6, by ThePerson98

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Its sad, people'll say their computer is broken...Windows is crashed...Crap...computer is "broken" Lets go buy a new one! 😁...No...Only reason I work so hard on my friends laptop is because he doesnt have that much money to waste on computer repair.

AMD Athlon XP 2500+
Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus
ATi Radeon 9800 256 MB
Maxtor 200 GB
Western Digital 40 GB
512 MB PC2700 DDR RAM