VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hope springs eternal, I suppose. Apparently, a fellow by the name of Scott Hunter has secured the rights to publish the soundtrack to John Romero's Daikatana. The soundtrack consists of two CD-ROMs (available separately), and it includes some music that was generated for but not included with the original game. You can listen to samples from all tracks here:

http://www.dominusanimae.com

I wonder what distribution channels he plans to pursue.

Reply 1 of 4, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Straight into the bin? Now I played most of the game through and to be truthful I really can't remember if the musical score was any good. That would tend to suggest it probably wasn't anything outstanding?!

Reply 2 of 4, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think most anyone would have a hard time remembering ANY soundtrack from five years ago.

The tracks are varied in terms of style, and that matches the four environments in the game. Some of it I like, some it I don't really care for.

Reply 3 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not if the soundtrack was good......

Mario
Metroid
Contra
Ghosts n' Goblins
Warcraft 2
Mechwarrior 2
Doom

and those are just the ones off the top of my head.....and I'm not really one that really cares that much about music.

Reckless, you actually played through most of the game? There should be a medal for that or something.....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I love video game music (in fact, I have one of the Tetris songs stuck in my head right now). It probably didn't start out that way, since video games didn't have music when I first started playing them in the early 80s. Now I listen to video game music all day at work, in the car, and of course while playing games at home. If I ever have kids, I'll probably hum video game music to them to put them to sleep 🤣.

I highly recommend checking out sites like ocremix.org