Demostuffs

Topic actions

First post, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Adrenalin by Smash Designs.
Needs a beefy 3D card, but it's hella cool.
Read the readme. Gives some good info.

Also, I've had two ideas.
The first is a theme for a demo party, if anyone with that much influence reads this. I'd love to see a party that was all making funny demos. Like GLON243 by Cocoon. There really need to be more of them. I'd say the theme would be "Making fun of stuff" or something.

Also, just watching demos, I was thinking how weird it would be to have a demo TELEVISION STATION. If MTV can survive, I don't see why a demo station couldn't. I mean, you'd have demos, you'd have compo coverage, you'd have interviews with demogroups, everything necessary for a balanced breakfast.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 1 of 1, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

The first is a theme for a demo party, if anyone with that much influence reads this.

Demos...Ah yes...(eyes half-close...fades back to Amiga days...mmm...9 Fiiiiingerssss.... )

I'd love to see a party that was all making funny demos.

Would be nice wouldn't it? Still remember seeing some invitations where the party would take place in a Castle that was rented. Heh. That would be something all right. Of course, it was also in Europe. Bit of a long drive for me now... (not that I could ever code anyway).

I'd say the theme would be "Making fun of stuff" or something.

*flash* *vision appears* Coder makes "Making fun of Britney Spears" demo. Half the coders love it, other half is outraged. Rage builds. Violence erupts. Coders pounding each other with keyboards, using optical mice like whips, swords are brought out...then light sabres...dead bodies everywhere...media pounces...convinced that must've all been playing DOOM. *vision fades*

Also, just watching demos, I was thinking how weird it would be to have a demo TELEVISION STATION.

You never know. I still remember David Letterman talking about the "7-13 year old boy's channel". Consisted of nothing but footage of things like cars crashing, planes crashing, stuff blowing up... Oddly, it still seems like a neat idea to me.