VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was playing around with DosBox today with different resolutions in fullscreen and I remembered a question that someone asked about if ATI upscales resolutions like Nvidia does. As far as I knew they didn't.......

So I was comparing NTVDM resolutions of the games to DosBox resolutions and checking them with what my monitor reports. Almost every single resolution below 640x480 upscales to 720x400 in NTVDM!

Weird! I haven't done extensive testing yet but I was wondering if anyone else can confirm this?

Plan to boot with a DOS bootdisk in a minute but I did install 9x yesterday and I had issues with dropping to DOS from Windows 98. (monitor wouldn't display the resolution.......although it's find if I boot straight to DOS....weird).

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 2, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It does not upscale resolutions. I have an X800 pro card as well. 720x400 is what your monitor displays when running a 320x200 resolution @70Hz. Before that I had a 9200 card and it was the same, i.e. no problem and no upscaling. You can just look at it and compare it , and you will see that it looks exactly like a 320x200 resolution should (it would only be more pixelated if it is a larger monitor).

If you can, boot in pure dos and you will see that it is the same.

Reply 2 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks! I plan to test further but I've been visiting my folks so I haven't had a chance to investigate further.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline