First post, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

does someone know the difference between:

Myst 1
Myst master piece edition
Real myst

......i know that all is myst 1 and i know that it is graphic upgrades.....but shall i buy all the three games???

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 1 of 53, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 Myst 1

The original port of the Macintosh original. 256-Color art, hard to run properly on modern machines.

Myst master piece edition

Basically, the re-release of the original. Better sound, and 24-bit graphics

Real myst

A "real-time" 3D world, needs a capable 3D card (16 Megs or more), and a processor that runs at 800MHz or higher (technically at 450MHz, but really 800MHz).

I have heard that the masterpiece edition has problems with XP. So I guess the only one for you is realMyst, unless you have a dual-boot setup. They are all basically the same game.

Reply 2 of 53, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hmm...the same game you say..but for example:

1: If a house is to the right of the north tree in the first myst.....is the house on the same place in Real myst???

2: and the music.....is it the same music in real myst as in the original myst??

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 3 of 53, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 hmm...the same game you say..but for example:

I don't know if every single pixel is going to be an exact match, but the "masterpiece edition" is simply the enhanced version of the first game.

realMyst will be different because it uses a true, 3D perspective and adds an additional "age", other than that, it should be identical.

Check out the "Just Adventure" review (it contains a link to the realMyst review):
http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/MystMast … stMaspiece.shtm

The demo for realMyst (realMyst test) available at :
http://www.gamesdomain.com/demos/demo/1280.html

It is 47 megabytes in size.

Reply 4 of 53, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

realMYST is incredible, and I highly recommend it if you've got the system for it. Once you play realMYST you'll never want to play the original again -- ever -- and you've got my word on that.

I think that there are actually more than three versions. That is, there are two version of the original Myst. One is Windows 3.1 (will NOT run on even Windows 95), and one is a re-release that works in Win95/98/NT/2K/XP. The masterpiece edition may or may not be the same as the Win95/98/NT/2K/XP version I've described.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 53, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok, then i think i will buy: Real myst, Riven and myst 3 exile...that is all the myst games huh?
and perhaps i will buy the masterpiece edition another time hehe.
By the way, is there a demo on myst masterpiece edition?

Last edited by kukus444 on 2003-01-23, 22:17. Edited 1 time in total.

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 6 of 53, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 By the way, is there a demo on myst masterpiece edition?

I doubt it. With the exception of realMyst, these adventures load all their pre-rendered images from the CD-ROM. So any demo would be HUGE. Maybe on a magazine CD somewhere.

Reply 7 of 53, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😀 ......I must agree with Snover.....realMYST is by far the best version of MYST. Additional titles that you may want to try: MYST III Exile, SCHIZM, BEYOND ATLANTIS II. These three titles will keep you busy for months. My personal, all time favorite, MYST III Exile, will drive you up the walls....but hey, you'll have fun playing the game. After that, you'll be ready for SCHIZM, perhaps the most difficult game ever created.

Reply 8 of 53, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey...you´re gonna make my small chest with gold pieces to become empty if you say more games 😀...hehe that schizm seems to be a very fun game (just like myst and atlantis)...but i think i will have to wait..i must buy myst first, all the mysts will cost 700 SKR (swedish kronor) and it is about 70$...so i think scizm will have to wait 🙁.....🙄

Last edited by kukus444 on 2003-01-25, 12:29. Edited 1 time in total.

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 9 of 53, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you are a bit adventurous........may I suggest purchasing the games online from, say , e-bay or gametz.com (the game trading zone). I personally haven't traded or purchased any games from independent sellers online, but it may be worth a looksie. Good luck MYSTing:)

Reply 11 of 53, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To late!
I ordered Real myst and riven for som hours ago, and it costed about 450 swedish kronor (45$)....but the games without shipment and such crap 😀 costed only 380 skr (38$) so i had to pay 7$ for the ship, aarrgghh...😠

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 12 of 53, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

.....By all means, fire up a fatty and install realMYST!!!:D Prepare yourself for a fantastic adventure!!! Oh, BTW, .....if you figure out how to play the damned organ, drop me line!!! I had it once, when I first played the original MYST (several years ago), since then I've had a bitch of a time (playing realMYST) trying to get the correct notes on the sliders.

Happy MYSTing:) , dud

Reply 13 of 53, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Weeeeee....😀
it seems to be a great game....
"BUT" i got a mail from the one where i ordered the games, and he said that they were out of one of the games, so i have to wait ONE WHOLE WEEK! for the games *sob* 😠

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 15 of 53, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Aaarrgghh...i hate sweden 😁, i thought i would get all mysts today, "but" i got another mail from the one i ordered it from, and they said that it can take further one more week, to get the games. So i killed the order 😀 , and ordered them from another place, and on that place i found Myst Triology, so i ordered Myst Triology($25) and RealMyst ($25), and i hope that i will get them in this week..😠

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 19 of 53, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Don't you mean get a big gun and fire it at your head after not figuring out some over-intricate puzzle that's more like hunting for a needle in a haystack then actually using brainpower to come to a logical solution?

Yes, it’s my fault.