Common searches

Myst!!

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 53, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Only realMYST because I already know how to do everything thrice over in it. I suppose I could just go to gamefaqs.com, but y'know, too much work to move my mouse to the Location bar and type in "http://gamefaqs.com" and then go to the search box and type in "Myst" and then go through and find the right game and click "FAQs" and then search for a decent one...😉

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 22 of 53, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Heh, heh... I got that!! Problem is, all of the recently released adventure games are chock full of flashy graphics and crappy plots and puzzles. At least MYST (et al.), give you a feeling of accomplishment....even if it is just a game. Best of all, the puzzles are solvable, (except the marble puzzle in RIVEN), without a cheat or walkthrough. Not bad for their 'time.'

Reply 23 of 53, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

weee...😀 i have now completed RealMyst, it took me just, about 15 hours to complete the game, but it was soooooo fun, it was a really good game as you said, but i didnt really know that i had completed the game at first, after i had talked to atrus, then i thought it would be more, so i walked along all the ages and on the island, and couldnt find anything, and then i looked in a walkthrough, and then i saw that i had completed the game, i thought it was an outro or something at the end of the game, but it wasn´t, i just had to shut down the game....

And now i have begin to play riven, and it seems to be very hard, because i cant find anything, i can just walk and look at the environment...but i have found some eyes with some kind of letters on it, so i have wrote them down on a paper...and it is hard with the old system, with walking along pictures, but i think i will get used to it....riven seems to be as good as myst....😁

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 24 of 53, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

....when you figure out how to do the marble puzzle, (without cheating), let me know!! 3-D imager...hah...it's just a dumb puzzle,....wait until you get to it, then you'll understand what I'm saying!!!......

Reply 26 of 53, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm....it seems like you think that i cheated on RealMyst 😮 because you said "without cheating" ......the answear is "no" i didnt cheat on RealMyst....

And where is the marble puzzle on riven 😁 ??You scare me when you say that it is so hard 😮 hehe.....okay, i will tell you, as i did with the organ...😀

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 28 of 53, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did not intend to imply that you cheated in realMYST...(sooooo sensitive:) In RIVEN, you have to solve a 3-D image puzzle in order to get the 'DOMES', (the big revolving balls), to work...good luck!!!

I don't know anyone who even understands the puzzle, let alone solve it!!!....Wait until you get to it....then we'll talk...😀

Reply 29 of 53, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

eerrr..🙄 is it the balls with an eye or something on, and when you click on them, the ball will turn and you will see some kind of a letter with a ---- above and a ___ bellow? i have H... KI... and DI... with ___ and -----

Aaarrghh, i have to solve that puzzle, so i can feel proud of myself hehehe... 😁

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 30 of 53, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nope....However, you should take note of the eyeballs, and whatever happens? when you click on them!:) .....'nuff said, for now....It would be wise to keep copious notes about everything that you come across....you might want to draw a few maps, as well, of your travels...pay particular attention to the 'creatures' of RIVEN...they are important!:)

Reply 31 of 53, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You mean that stupid not so friendly humans, or perhaps you mean that buggy little bug 😁 a beetle with wings, that fly away when you touch him hehe...i have seen him twice...but i dont know where he flies... but dont say where 😀

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 35 of 53, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Riven was impossible, especially since it was still a slide show. I'd like to see a re-release with the realMYST engine. I wonder if anything is in the works now that they're under *shudder* The Learning Company. There were some severely bad problems that I experienced with the realMYST engine in the library wherein when looking at certain things/in certain directions the framerate would drop to <1fps. They said it would need a ~50MB patch which I am not sure ever was released. (I got to reinstall my OS before that at which point it worked fine 😜) Oh well. Still the damn best looking game I've ever seen.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 36 of 53, by renwings

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, this is sorta off the subject. But I am glad you are all talking about Myst. I bought this Myst Trilogy and played them backwards. Myst III, then RIven now I'm trying to finish MYST Here's the problem, for some reason, when Achnar, Siruss and Atrus (at the end) talk to you from the books, I CAN"T HERE IT! It's weird. I can't figure it out. THat's the only thing! I have WindowsME 😕

Reply 37 of 53, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by renwings when Achnar, Siruss and Atrus (at the end) talk to you from the books, I CAN"T HEAR IT!

Well, I haven't actually played it so I can only guess. Is this the "original" MYST, the "Masterpiece" re-release or realMYST?

The only thing that comes to mind is if this dialog is on a CD audio track that is played in synchronization with on-screen video. Only problem with that theory is that AFAIK all the video is done via QuickTime which has it's own audio support.

Reply 38 of 53, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

renwings,....Glad you enjoyed the Exile and Riven games. MYST III Exile is definetly one of the best games ever created!! It's got everything! Solvable puzzles, excellent graphics, interesting plot and storyline, etc. You can see the amount of time and effort that was put into the game.

Sadly, most of the games that have followed the Trilogy, (regardless of mfr.), do not compare. One interesting note, rumor has it that the MYST folks are hard at work with a few new games. In the meantime, you might want to try SCHIZM, TRAITORS GATE, and the RIDDLE OF THE SPHINX series.

As for your audio difficulties with MYST, you may want to check with Snover or Nicht, they are the technical gurus at this site.

Happy MYSTing:)
dud

...in that quiet earth"

Reply 39 of 53, by renwings

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I AGREE! MystIII was my favorite (mostly because of the 360 lookabout feature) but I really enjoyed them all.
This is Masterpiece. I guess I can't say that I have ever played
REAL Myst. But it is still very cool. My husband is a serious PC gamer and he can't figure it out and told me to stop messing around with his system. 😁
One suggestion I tried from Ubisoft was to delete all versions of Quiketime that where hanging around on the drive and reload JUST the one that comes of the disc. That didn't work (and that's what got me in hot water, along with alot of other tweeks and deletes and pouring hot tea on the keyboard).
I believe now that the problem is WindowsME (which is possessed anyway 😮 ). I don't think they are getting along (Myst and OS). I don't think this Myst runs very well with anything newer than 98.
It just occured to me that I can try it on our MAC!

Has anyone tried Neverhood? It's a little juvenille, but I thought that was part of the fun!