Rank
l33t++

I knew it!

http://junkerhq.net/cgi-bin/display.cgi?image=img595

Reply 1 of 4, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

On this US box art, yes. That is very much the case. Though I believe that Solid Snake is much more based on Snake Plissken (Kurt Russell) from Escape from NY. I recall that from early interviews with Hideo anyway.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 2 of 4, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yup, Snake was (loosely) based on Snake Plissken. Though if you play at Metal Gear 2 on MSX, you'll notice that Snake looks more like Mel Gibson, and Colonel Campbell is clearly Richard Crenna :)

Reply 3 of 4, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yup, Snake was (loosely) based on Snake Plissken. Though if you play at Metal Gear 2 on MSX, you'll notice that Snake looks more like Mel Gibson, and Colonel Campbell is clearly Richard Crenna 😀

If you count the number of times Snake speaks and what he has to say, he might as well be Sylvester Stallone. One of the best things about Snake Plissken is that he only spoke when he had to, no angsty speeches raging against the evils of [insert favorite liberal complaint here].

Reply 4 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Metal Gear 2 MSX rocks, and yes Campbell looks exactly like Crenna 😀

Starting with the Metal Gear Solid games on PSX, Snake got as chatty and touchy-feely as every other Japanese character of the modern console gaming era.