VOGONS

Common searches

List the PC games that you have beaten

Topic actions

Reply 281 of 772, by CapnCrunch53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just beat Secret of Monkey Island for the first time a couple nights ago. Been having a blast playing some of the LucasArts games on my 386 ever since new year's eve; now I'm on to MI2.

PCs, Macs, old and new... too much stuff.

Reply 283 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Far Cry 4 on medium difficulty. I was going for 100% but I gave due to boredom and bugs at around 93%. I enjoyed the core campaign and outpost capturing a lot. Its a shame its so similar to 3. There isn't anything wrong with that as 3 was also great, but I liked how 1-3 each looked and played differently.

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 284 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Dragon Age Inquisition
73 hours. Level 20 Rogue.
Normal difficulty

Still have some sidequests to finish but they bore me. Going to wait for a major DLC to drop and mabye I'll go back and finish them.

Game of Thrones Episode 2

Saints Row Gat out of Hell
Played about 5 hours of SR before I got bored. Finished the main mission.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 285 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Operative: No One Lives Forever GOTY edition on normal difficulty. I enjoyed this one quite a lot despite it now feeling dated, I bought it on release but didn't complete it back then. Playing through it now I was reminded of other shooters set in the real world like Sin and GoldenEye. The weapons feel good and the music sets the mood well. My main problem was the clunky stealth system. When stealth wasn't compulsory I mostly just tripped the alarms and gunned my way to the end of the mission with the alarms blaring. I plan to play the sequel soon.

Reply 286 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Outlaws on “Bad” (middle skill). I did the single player campaign, 5 historical missions and then the 4 missions from the Handful of Missions add-on. I only had the demo of this back in the day that I downloaded online (probably from c-net). I only bought the full game recently when I found the LucasArts classic budget reissue for sale still sealed on ebay.

With the help of the installer at sierra help files and using nGlide the game runs well under Windows 7 after I tweaked the controls and made a batch file to kill explorer.exe (which was causing the cut-scenes to have weird colous).

I really enjoyed this game, I would like to see it get a releases on GOG as it deserves wider recognition. The soundtrack is fantastic.

I then went back and finished Far Cry 4 to 100% including the rank 10 arena grind for the last weapon unlock.

Reply 287 of 772, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

FPS:
Wolfenstein 3D
Wolfenstein Spear of Destiny
Rise of The Triad
Doom
Doom II
Duke Nukem 3D
Duke Nukem Forever
Soldier of Fortune
Return to The Castle Wolfenstein
Call of Duty + United Offensive
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty World at War
Medal of Honor + Breakthrough + Spearhead
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault
Half Life + Blue Shift + Opposing Force
Half Life 2 + Episode 1 + Episode 2
Turning Point
Postal 2 + Apocalypse Weekend
Far Cry
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Crysis 2
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight Dark Forces II + Mysteries of Sith
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II
Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy

Strategy:
SimCity
Civilization (with the help of an expert friend)
Syndicate
Warcraft II
Warcraft III
StarCraft + Brood Wars
Empire Earth
Rise of the Nations
Dune 2000
Emperor: Battle for Dune
Command and Conquer Red Alert
Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 + Uprising
Command and Conquer Generals + Zero Hour
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds + Clone Wars Pack
Star Wars: Force Commander
Company of Heroes

Flight / Space Sim:
Wing Commander
Wing Commander IV
Wing Commander Prophecy
Privateer 2
Comanche Maximum Overkill
Star Wars: X-Wing
Star Wars: TIE Fighter (+ add on packs)
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance

Adventure / Action / RPG:
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards + VGA
Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!
Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love for Sail!
Space Quest
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Bioforge
Star Wars: Episode I
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

Platform / Arcade / Puzzle:
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia II
Death Track
TIM
Lemmings
Golden Axe
Raptor
Flashback
Star Wars: Rebel Assault II
Portal

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 288 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Star Wars: Dark Forces on medium difficulty. Yet another one I didn't finish on its original release. I enjoyed this a lot, the large scale levels really capture the feel of star wars universe. It took me ages to finish due to the lack of saving during missions.

I might play the other games in the series before the new movie even though I am not that keen on there light saber combat.

Reply 289 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Never Alone, in single player mode. I liked it, but I think I would have enjoyed this even more in co-op. There were points in the game where it was frustrating trying to control both characters in close succession.

Reply 290 of 772, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Soupdragon wrote:

Star Wars: Dark Forces on medium difficulty. Yet another one I didn't finish on its original release. I enjoyed this a lot, the large scale levels really capture the feel of star wars universe. It took me ages to finish due to the lack of saving during missions.

I might play the other games in the series before the new movie even though I am not that keen on there light saber combat.

Great game with a great soundtrack. The sewer mission caused me a lot of problems due to limited lives 😵

Reply 291 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Life is Strange Episode 1

Was expecting something crappy but holds up with Telltale storytelling without the shitty QTE.

Reply 292 of 772, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

Life is Strange Episode 1

Was expecting something crappy but holds up with Telltale storytelling without the shitty QTE.

😲
I was watching the trailer on steam and the whole time I was just like the meme.

https://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/07 … nt_even_cat.jpg

Reply 294 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. I really enjoyed this despite not being totally sure what was going on in the story. My favorite characters to play when given the choice were Alex & Ash.

I thought I was being smart buying this on GOG (DRM free for the win) but now I find I have to repurchase it again on Steam to download the most complete version of the soundtrack as its not available anywhere else. 🙁

Reply 295 of 772, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure. This was the first LucasArts game I ever played as a child, back then I got stuck trying to enter the catacombs. This time around I beat it in one long sitting. The fighting in the castle nearly caused me to quit until I figured out there were ways of avoiding it.

Reply 296 of 772, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Latest game I beat was Wolfenstein : The New Order. I finished it a few months ago on regular difficulty, and it wasn't until late into the game I realised there was a Perk List of things to unlock... DOH. So I started it again last week on Uber difficulty (did some recording with Shadowplay to test my GTX970) and found it quite easy. Managed to unlock all the perks too this time round. Really cool game, looking forward to the next installment later this year.

Hardest game I ever finished was probably Jet Set Willy 2. Only took me 21 years, from my first time playing the game. Thanks to the use of "Save State" function in WinAPE emulator.

Other games I have finished in 2015 are, off the top of my head :

Warlock : Master of the Arcane
System Shock 2
Deus Ex 1
Dawn Of War Dark Crusade
Farcry : Blood Dragon
Civilisation 4 (with Ze Germans)
Dungeon Keeper 2

Damn, I spend too much time playing games...

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66

Reply 297 of 772, by calvin

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Latest was Valiant Hearts. I've also beaten Portal 2 (on console though) and Deus Ex. Not really a completionist.

2xP2 450, 512 MB SDR, GeForce DDR, Asus P2B-D, Windows 2000
P3 866, 512 MB RDRAM, Radeon X1650, Dell Dimension XPS B866, Windows 7
M2 @ 250 MHz, 64 MB SDE, SiS5598, Compaq Presario 2286, Windows 98

Reply 298 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Dying Light
31 hours

Dead Island bored me but Dying Light kept me hooked.

Life is Strange Episode 2