List the PC games that you have beaten

Topic actions

Reply 461 of 772, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
clueless1 wrote:
Finished Lands of Lore CD this evening. Played the DOS CD version, converted from my GOG.com purchase of the game. Great RPG! […]
Show full quote

Finished Lands of Lore CD this evening. Played the DOS CD version, converted from my GOG.com purchase of the game. Great RPG! The General MIDI soundtrack was incredible played through the DreamBlaster S1. Here's my favorite track:
https://youtu.be/ixC-6p4Tls8?list=PLzhyi6Q4zm … xhBs7S4RqQrR8nB

lolaward.jpg
lolend.jpg

It plays like Eye of the Beholder, has real-time combat, fairly short gameplay (~20 hours), nice voicework (starring Patrick Stewart as King Richard), and an excellent MIDI soundtrack. It took me 27 days at less than an hour per day average, to finish.

Lands of Lore is one of the best gaming memories of my childhood. I loved Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2, and Lands of Lore was a big improvement on these already excellent games. Fantastic VGA artwork and beautiful midi soundtrack. I never finished it unfortunately - got stuck in the castle near the end where your compass disappear and you get disoriented. I keep thinking I should give it another go after all these years.

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 462 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MMaximus wrote:

Lands of Lore is one of the best gaming memories of my childhood. I loved Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2, and Lands of Lore was a big improvement on these already excellent games. Fantastic VGA artwork and beautiful midi soundtrack. I never finished it unfortunately - got stuck in the castle near the end where your compass disappear and you get disoriented. I keep thinking I should give it another go after all these years.

I played it when it first came out too. But I never got close to finishing it. But this time around, it was really addicting. It was one of those games I looked forward to spending some time on each evening, and I'd have the MIDI tunes stuck in my head all day.

I remember well that part where your compass disappears. Used a walkthru to help me past it. 😀 There is one part on that last section in Castle Cimmeria that almost made me walk away from the game: there's a room that requires 4 items to be placed on shelves to make a crucial key appear. One of those items was "medicine" which turned out to be an herb. I'd dumped all my herbs long before because I needed the inventory slots and my heal spell did better anyway. I was so mad, that I was one stupid herb away from beating the game, and I didn't think it was possible to backtrack far enough back to re-locate one that I'd dropped. But I finished exploring the castle level and fortunately came across one herb in a locked chest that I did have the key to. Phew!

I say give it a playthrough.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 464 of 772, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tiger433 wrote:

Finished Gothic 3 with 74 level pure warrior in Innos way, and I also haved bug with Rhobar dissapear but I solved that in very odd way and without cheats, I played 1.60 version of game, in future I try 1.75 with Quest Pack 4 and Contend mod.

One of my faves but I've never finished it - you should get a medal or simular. That's a bloody long game!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 465 of 772, by Tiger433

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
badmojo wrote:
Tiger433 wrote:

Finished Gothic 3 with 74 level pure warrior in Innos way, and I also haved bug with Rhobar dissapear but I solved that in very odd way and without cheats, I played 1.60 version of game, in future I try 1.75 with Quest Pack 4 and Contend mod.

One of my faves but I've never finished it - you should get a medal or simular. That's a bloody long game!

I ended Gothic III few times, and yes it`s a bit long, and isn`t hard even on hard setting, but sometimes fight with ogres, wolves can be annoing and Gothic II sometimes is longer when mage is chosen, it taken me 70 hours to complete Gothic II with mage but ending on Irdorath was very short compared to rest. And if you want to play Gothic III once more, is better to make pure warrior or mage, without learning too much skills, and add much to important stats, and that will be easier, bow skills and much spells isn`t needed for complete game, but forging is important for warrior and getting things from animals. Few days ago I even ended Earth 2140 with ED side, Diablo II Classic I installed without patches from original CD`s with 1.00 version and I ended it with barbarian, and I have 78 level, and character is very strong and I still playing it to get some more level. And here is screenshot of that charater from Diablo II:

Screenshot21.jpg
Filename
Screenshot21.jpg
File size
262.78 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

W7 "retro" PC: ASUS P8H77-V, Intel i3 3240, 8 GB DDR3 1333, HD6850, 2 x 500 GB HDD
Retro 98SE PC: MSI MS-6511, AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 80GB HDD
My Youtube channel

Reply 470 of 772, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Medal of Honor (2010) and Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Purchased them from Steam and finished both last week. I was not expecting them to be so short. About 6 hours each according to Steam.

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 472 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Man, that was intense.

sshock2.jpg
Filename
sshock2.jpg
File size
704.78 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Took about 21.5 hrs.
Next up: Albion

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks