Common searches

List the PC games that you have beaten

Topic actions

Reply 580 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just finished Half-Life for the first time. Owned and played it when it was released in 1998 but never finished it back then. I must say, it was quite an amazing experience, one of the best FPS I've had the pleasure of completing. I played it on easy and still had a really tough time with it, though. The end boss took tons of attempts and help from the Internets. It's not a game I ever could've beaten back in the day without the help of walkthroughs, so I understand why I never finished it back then.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 581 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

State of Decay: YOSE

Took about 15 hours and the game bored me the entire time.

Didn't bother building out the last base, lots of houses still unscavenged.
Too much pointless driving around.
Ending sucked.

Didn't bothered playing the DLC.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 583 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just finished The Lords of Xulima. According to the game, I played 153 hours over the course of 3 months, though I don't know if it counted time that I walked away from the game with it running (it's turn-based and in-game time does not pass when the character does not move). Regardless, this is easily the most hours I've put into a single game. And the endgame! Man, the most EPIC, amazing storyline twist I've ever experienced to end a game with! Yes, this is my new all-time favorite RPG! THAT GOOD! BTW, this was a low budget game, so the endgame was simply a series of storyboards with voiceover text of the main character describing the events after the final battle. But that did not at all detract from the plot twist the developers threw in there. 😉

2018-05-05 14_16_07-Lords of Xulima.jpg
Filename
2018-05-05 14_16_07-Lords of Xulima.jpg
File size
416.58 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
2018-05-05 14_28_35-Lords of Xulima.jpg
Filename
2018-05-05 14_28_35-Lords of Xulima.jpg
File size
301.16 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 584 of 772, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What's the context behind the "You are at the range of 57 of 100"? Is 100 best or 1 best?

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 585 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DracoNihil wrote:

What's the context behind the "You are at the range of 57 of 100"? Is 100 best or 1 best?

100 is best. I believe the score represents some combination of playing as a completionist and skill level chosen. I played on the lowest difficulty (Normal->Veteran->Hardcore), so that probably was why my score was so low. TBH, I never really paid attention to my score. I think that was a thing moreso with the Steam version and leaderboards (I played the GOG version). Also, I understand that the game has mods (I used none) and mods could push your score over 100 due to introducing more boss fights, etc.

Reply 586 of 772, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haha, just like how there are some custom maps (and some stock situations even) where in Doom 2 the kill % can go beyond 100 as well.

Doesn't look that bad of a game despite it's low budget.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 587 of 772, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have just finished Divinity Original Sin 2, after starting it like twenty times.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 588 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

FarCry 5

Sandbox world with wacky physics with lots to do yet nothing matters. Barely a plot.
Typically I wouldn't stick with this type of game but it had just enough wackiness, multiple way to complete objectives and just enough of a plot to keep me interested enough to finish it.

Played at 2560x1440 with all details maxed. No crashes.

Reply 589 of 772, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:
FarCry 5 […]
Show full quote

FarCry 5

Sandbox world with wacky physics with lots to do yet nothing matters. Barely a plot.
Typically I wouldn't stick with this type of game but it had just enough wackiness, multiple way to complete objectives and just enough of a plot to keep me interested enough to finish it.

Played at 2560x1440 with all details maxed. No crashes.

Are you saying the wackiness made it enjoyable? I was gifted a copy of this game on launch day and just recently got a Vega 64 video card to enjoy it on, but I wasn't feeling well enough to play games for a while. I played it for about an hour the day I got it and haven't gone back.

I guess I don't have much interest in trying it, but I'd feel bad not giving another shot to a $60 gift 😈

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 590 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Definetly give it a go. Yeah like all the other Farcrys it's not grim dark so there is plenty of humour.

Big open world with plenty of meaningless things to do. Probably best to play when you're feeling bored and have 30m to mess around. Definetly not worth buying for $60 or even $30.

I'm not big on survival games but finished Subnautica a couple of weeks back and about to try The Forest.

EDIT Great Steam UI just froze up when I clicked "Install" and I can't end the task. Sigh what a pos.

Reply 591 of 772, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah cool. I had almost forgotten about it but your post reminded me I have a friend who is probably annoyed he wasted money on me 😒 . Believe it or not I've never played any of the Far Cry series before.

Right now I'm busy polishing off Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny. I'm not sure I ever actually put the effort in to go past episode 3 (hitler) in the original and I doubt I ever beat spear of destiny. Great game but man it gets repetitive!!!

Reply 592 of 772, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just finished Unreal. Pretty awesome game, but it seemed a tad too long. I'm guessing it took me 25-30 hrs, while I prefer FPS games to be under 20 hrs. I did start Return to Na Pali, but I'm not sure I will play it all the way through. Maybe... 😉

Reply 593 of 772, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Unreal Gold is actually free on Steam and GOG right now, so I'm messing around with it on my main PC for a change 😁... Seems fine with nglide.

Reply 594 of 772, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A reminder that the Steam and GOG releases of UnrealGold ship with the tainted UnrealShare and UnrealI packages. These need to be replaced with retail UGold CD versions.

Blame "Midway" for altering the packages all because of changing some logo texture.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 595 of 772, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well that's the third time i've finished that now, first time emulated. Happy 20th Unreal 😜

This was the original May 98 version with all the bugs and stuff, i had forgotten how much the mothership caused the framerate to tank and i've been softlocked several times by clipping errors and robert patricks getting stuck in doors

Attachments

• pcemunrealcompleted.jpg
    Filename
    pcemunrealcompleted.jpg
    File size
    216.6 KiB
    Views
    File license

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 597 of 772, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

This was the original May 98 version with all the bugs and stuff,

Does that PCem have any network access? I've wanted to humorously try running the original May 98 Unreal in multiplayer but don't have anyone to try it with...

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 598 of 772, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DracoNihil wrote:

Does that PCem have any network access? I've wanted to humorously try running the original May 98 Unreal in multiplayer but don't have anyone to try it with...

The last time I used stock PCem, there was no support for networking. There's always 86box which is a fork of PCem with networking support, I believe it has many of the same features as stock PCem + some other experimental "exclusive" features. Maybe you can test Unreal multiplayer in 86box?

Reply 599 of 772, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

PCem does have networking support (emulation of the RTL8029AS and the NE2000). It's been there since V13.

A little note though - Unreal upholds a noticeably low framerate cap for multiplayer. It's supposed to be slow (IIRC it was a dumb client model).

apsosig.png
long live PCem