List the PC games that you have beaten

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 772, by butterfly

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Age of Mythology
Aladdin
Alone In The Dark (1-3+Jack In The Dark)
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Alone In The Dark: Near Death Investigations
Battle Realms
Blackthorne
Bubble Bobble (Novalogic)
Bubble Bobble featuring Rainbow Islands (two games, only beaten the first one)
Double Dragon 1-3
Fighting Force
Golden Axe
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
Mad Cars
Prince of Persia
Time Gate: Il Segreto dei Templari

Last edited by butterfly on 2011-01-11, 05:03. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 22 of 772, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

Added BioShock to my list.

You finished it already? Either...

1) You are too good playing games.
2) The game is too short.
3) You haven't had any sleep for a tenday.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 23 of 772, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Added Wing Commander Armada. Thanks, DOSBox! 😀

DosFreak wrote:

Added BioShock to my list.

Wait, I thought you're still struggling with its horrendous activation scheme?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 24 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think I picked it up on the 21st and I would play it for a couple of hours after work. I pretty much spent the entire day yesterday playing it.....

Wait, I thought you're still struggling with its horrendous activation scheme?

Nah, the activation worked the first time. The problem I have with the activation currently is that I'd like a method of installing the game without having to activate and I need a NOCD patch. I do alot of compatibility testing and I don't see how I'm going to do it with this activation BS. (and no I'm not going to uninstall the game a billion times).

I heard last night that Daemon Tools Pro with VIDE can make an image of the DVD that supports the copy protection so I may play around with that. If so then the only thing left is to bypass the activation.

EDIT
I just made a backup copy of my BioShock DVD with the latest ver of BlindWrite and mounted it with Daemon Tools Pro. BioShock didn't complain when I started it up. 😀

Last edited by DosFreak on 2007-08-26, 17:44. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 25 of 772, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i was reading a test of bioshock from a german gaming magazine (pc powerplay) yesterday, they gave it a 89% score. the lowest i've seen so far.
some critique points was a difficult weapon handling in combination with plasmids and the hacker-minigames are annoying in long term.
@dosfreak, what do you think about it? was the story/atmosphere/gameplay really so great till the end and is it worth beating it a second time?

btw, just waiting for my english copy of bioshock. the voice acting in the german version is not really satisfying and it has also reduced gore effects i think.

sysprofile.png

Reply 27 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

added Sam & Max Season 1

I wish they had combined the episodes into one game for the DVD release. It was annoying having to set the resolution each time the game started, having to go through opening and closing credits, and having to click on different shortcuts to start each episode. Oh and the the SecuROM copy protection sucks has well.

Other than that the game was pretty good.

Going to pick up Call of Juarez tommorow.

Reply 28 of 772, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I finished Call of Juarez some time ago and I liked it very much, even if I dislike western movies. A lot better than the crappy Gun, heh.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 29 of 772, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I didn't get a good computer until 6 or 7 years ago and the first one came with old arcade games on it, and we all know the only way to beat those is to play them until they break. I didn't get onto the Internet until 2 or 3 years after my first computer stopped working, and it was on the computer after that that I had my first encounter with Doom 2. I just realized that that's the only PC game I've ever beaten, although I played a lot of them.
side note: there was this really old game that I think was from Microsoft that had bouncing balls and you had to put them in small spaces (no comments, peanut gallery) and it was very addictive for me, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called; if anybody knows where I can get it, please tell me
[it's called Jezzball]
The first time I beat A Link to the Past (Zelda 3) was on a computer (and I think I cheated using the emulator's memory features, I'm not sure, I have a really bad memory) and I spent a lot of time on Chip's Challenge and consider myself pretty good at Minesweeper (no matter how pathetic it may be).
I've since beaten Doom 2 another time and I should be getting some collectors' edition thing in the mail today (Final Doom, Doom 2, Ultimate Doom).
I'm interested if anyone thinks Doom 3 is worth it (with the duct tape mod, of course).

Last edited by general_vagueness on 2007-12-23, 20:14. Edited 1 time in total.

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions

Reply 30 of 772, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Doom 3 is an o.k. game, but IMHO it relies too much on graphics and is a little too repetitive to play through more than once.
F.E.A.R. is much better, and if you don't mind dealing with steam, half-life 2 is definitely worth playing.

Reply 31 of 772, by simonecuttlefish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

System Shock 1
System Shock 2
Sacrifice
Thief 1,2
The Summoner
All about 12 billion times each : )

It would take the rest of ALL our lives to list the rest - I'm 41 and think I've spent more time playing computer games than NOT : )

PS ... Can you "beat" MMORPGs ? I've certainly battled many of them into the ground for years as well. Currently playing EVE online as well.

Reply 32 of 772, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
general_vagueness wrote:

...I'm interested if anyone thinks Doom 3 is worth it (with the duct tape mod, of course).

yes its worth playing. i've beated doom3 two times and loved its great scifi-horror atmosphere till the end. you should play it at night when you are alone and use a good 5.1 headset or speaker system. 😀

simonecuttlefish wrote:

... Can you "beat" MMORPGs ? I've certainly battled many of them into the ground for years as well. Currently playing EVE online as well.

well, difficult to say but why not? i personally think they can be listed as beaten if you enjoyed playing it for a long time and reached a point where you have no motivation to play it any further.^^

btw, added some games to my list:

Bioshock
Command & Conquer 3 - Tiberium Wars
Medieval 2 - Total War
Silent Hunter 4 - Wolfes of the Pacific
Two Worlds (a rather bad oblivion clone...)

sysprofile.png

Reply 33 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Beat Portal today. Waaaay too short 3 1/2hrs (haven't played Bonus Maps). Would have appreciated more of a story too instead of just an enhanced Narbacular Drop but oh well.

Reply 34 of 772, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wow those are some impressive brain dumps over on the first page. Cool to be hanging out with fellow PC vets. 😀 Do you guys have insane histories with console games too? I have never been PC only...

I'm not sure I have the energy to make a list like those. Heh. The first PC game I beat was probably Space Quest 3 or Arctic Fox. The latest was HL2 Ep2.

Reply 35 of 772, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Maybe there should be a 'List the console games you've beaten' thread. In fact, unless someone tells me not to, I'm going to start it.

How to become a hacker

Reply 36 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Beat Half-Life 2.

Had some issue with it crashing some times whenever I was in the Save Game screen and once while I was playing.

Also it seems after having hundreds of saves the save system won't let you save anymore so you have to delete older saves...so that you can save.

Reply 37 of 772, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, I believe they call that "not having infinite room";

THE HAVES OF COMPUTERS
"You can never have..."
1. too much disk space
2. too much RAM
3. tight enough code
4. enough money (some things are universal:)

How to become a hacker