VOGONS

Common searches

List the PC games that you have beaten

Topic actions

Reply 62 of 772, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A few weeks ago I beat the original Doom, but I got it with the added fourth episode so I don't consider it quite beaten yet.

Fourth episode down and not as hard as I had thought it might be, although I got very little of the secret stuff overall.

Last edited by general_vagueness on 2009-09-08, 22:38. Edited 1 time in total.

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions

Reply 69 of 772, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've played a crap load of games but only a small percentage keeps my attention long enough.

1701 A.D.
Amazons & Aliens
Anno 1404 [03.31.10]
Alice
Arcanum
Baldur's Gate
Banner Saga [1/6/15]
Batman: Arkham Asylum [08.30.11]
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 [01.10.11]
Beyond Good & Evil
Bioshock [02.25.09] -Again on HARD [05.03/15]
Bioshock 2 [10.02.10]
Bioshock Infinite [04.16.13]
Blood
Blood: Plasma Pak
Blood: Cryptic Passage
Call of Duty
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Civilization II
Civilization 4
Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
Command & Conquer: Tiberiun Sun
Company of Heroes
Dark Messiah: Might And Magic [06.11.10]
Deadlight [08.19.13]
Death Track Racing
Diablo
Diablo II
Diablo III [08.03.15]
Diablo III Reaper of Souls Expansion [08.15.15] -on hard
Disciples: Gold Edition
Dishonored [10.05.13]
Doom
Doom II
Duke Nukem 3D
Duke Nukem 3D: Plutonium Pak
Dungeon Keeper
Dungeon Keeper II
Dungeon Siege
Fallout 3
Fallout 3 GOTY Edition [01.13.10]
Fallout 4 [01.24.15]
Fallout New Vegas [11.11.10]
Fallout new Vegas GOTY Edition [06.24.12]
Final Doom
Flatout 2
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Heretic
Heroes Of Might and Magic V
Hexen
King's Bounty [09.05.09]
Kingdoms of Amular [07.14.14]
Kohan
Lora Croft and the Guardian of Light [02.25.13]
Lords of Magic: Special Edition
Lords of the Realm II
Lords of the Realm II: Siege Pack
Magic Carpet
Magic Carpet: The Hidden Worlds
Magic Carpet 2
Majesty
MDK
Metro 2033 [05.18.11]
Metro Last Light [02.23.14]
Moonbase Commander
Moto Racer
Nox
Pain Killer
Powerslide
Puzzle Quest
Puzzle Quest 2 [12.29.13]
Puzzle Kingdoms [07.05.10]
Quake
Quake II
RAGE [01.06.12]
Raptor
Redneck Rampage
Rise of Nations
Road Rage
Robot Arena
Serious Sam: The First Encounter
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Shadow Warrior
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Space Rangers 2
Space Rangers 2 Reboot [05.26.09]
Starcraft
Startopia
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
State of Decay [07.06.14]
Thandor
The Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion Nights of the Nine [04.20.09]
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [12.26.11]
The Outer Worlds [1/3/20]
Portal
Portal 2 [02.21.12]
Tomb Raider
Ultimate Doom
Unreal
Unreal: Mission Pack 1
Warcraft II
Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal Expansion Set
Warzone 2100
Wolfenstein: The New Order [09.03.15]
Whiplash

Then there are games like Carmageddon II that I played for hours and hours but I don't ever remember a ending sequence...

Also I have a couple thousand hours of Uneal Tournament 2004 Onslaught thrown in there. I still play, add BushwacK to your buddy list. 😀

Last edited by bushwack on 2020-02-08, 16:19. Edited 32 times in total.

Reply 72 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Played a little bit but had to play BG again!

Bought Borderlands and Risen the other day so not sure when I'll finish King's Bounty.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 73 of 772, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

Updated 10/31/2009

Beat BG1 and Tales of the Sword Coast

Grats, I still want to beat the BG series but have never managed to. In fact, the only Infinity Engine game I managed to beat was Icewind Dale 1 + expansions.

Mainly I get overwhelmed by the NPC choices in BG1, as well as having the NPCs force you to go places within certain time limits. I preferred Icewind Dale's approach of having you create your whole party, even though you lose the banter and such. I was also disappointed that the intro to BG2 spoils what I assume is a surprise in the ending of BG1.

I've played BG2 but put it down because I never beat BG1. Also, BG2 threw too many quests at me right at the start and I got overwhelmed. I think it also uses the horrible partial/hybrid D&D 3rd Edition rules implementation that Bioware tried to force into the Infinity Engine's clearly 2nd Edition architecture.

I tried to start IWD2 after finishing IWD1 but I didn't have the energy for it at the time and never picked it back up. It also definitely uses the crappy 3rd Edition mess.

Planescape Torment I tried playing once and put down due to the massive amounts of text and almost nonexistent combat. I wasn't in the mood for an adventure game at the time. I recently tried testing it in Win7 and had trouble getting it to run well, so I'm not sure I'll ever get around to playing what many people have said is one of the best PC games of all time 🙁

Reply 74 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Your're missing out on some great games!

I bought B1 and Tales of the Sword coast when they came out and play BG1 up to the very last fight but for some reason never finished it. Over the years I'd played 25% or 50% through but leave unfinished because of other games coming out and then I'd either lost the save games or didn't want to play halfway through after coming back to the game after months!

For awhile I've been playing around with the Big World Project (a couple of years ago I manually did most of what Big World Project did which was.......fun) and decided to force myself to play the game through and finish it and I did!

It's nice too because Big World Project seamlessly transitions to BG2 so it seems like one big game. Right now playing through BG2. 3 hours down 100+ more to go!

Just bought Risen and Borderlands tho so we'll see how long it takes me to beat BG2......

P.S. Shame! The text is what makes PST fun! 😜

Reply 75 of 772, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah I'm also hesitating to pick up BG1 again because of all the choices in how to play it, with BG1-on-BG2 engine mods, widescreen mods, etc., it's just too much to choose from. Probably I'll just go with the original game.

Reply 76 of 772, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Over all the games listed in the above few posts I liked Arcanum the best.

I beat BG1 in 99' I think and beat Arcanum shorty after release. Then I went to play BG2 but the graphics just looked nasty and sub par compared to Arcanum so I put it back on the shelf. I also tried Icewind Dale but it just seemed more of the same as BG1 and I lost interest. I have a sealed big box of ID2 I haven't played yet. I tried to play Planescape Torment a few years ago and it seemed kinda dull despite all the praise on the net.

Any other Arcanum fans out there?

Reply 77 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Acanum bored me to death. Tried to play it 2-3 times already and just couldn't bear it.

Will try again sometime (after I swore never to try again....) now that we have the unofficial patches, maps, music, high resolution mods.

Reply 78 of 772, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

Acanum bored me to death. Tried to play it 2-3 times already and just couldn't bear it.

Will try again sometime (after I swore never to try again....) now that we have the unofficial patches, maps, music, high resolution mods.

Yeah I've made 3 attempts to get into BG2 over the years but they never lasted for more then one sitting. Been 8 years since I played Arcanum I may hate it now. 🤣

Reply 79 of 772, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Was really excited about Arcanum since I loved the Fallout games (same team, but left Interplay and made their own company - Troika). Arcanum was a huge letdown for me, partially because steampunk with magic didn't really interest me, and mostly because the game had a quantity-over-quality issue. I couldn't even get past the first town because it didn't warn me that I had to specialize my character more one way or the other in order to gain abilities required to complete some critical quests.

I had more fun with Troika's Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, but it was horribly slow and buggy (partly due to using a pre-release version of the Half-Life 2 engine). I never finished it either but got pretty far.

I skipped Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil after reading a lot of negative/lukewarm reviews.