Reply 40 of 772, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hey nice to see some updates here!

ive added also some games:

FEAR: Perseus Mandate (still love it)
Medival 2: Kingdoms
NFS: Pro Street (expected a bit more, bad engine)
Sim City 4 Deluxe (constucted 4 big cities)
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

iam actually playing some older games again (AvP2 Gold, Sacred Gold, Crashday, Manhunt).

sysprofile.png

Reply 41 of 772, by laffer35

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I won't be able to list them all but here are the ones from the top of my head -

Leisure Suit Larry 1-7 (and MCL which is crap)
Space Quest 1-6
Quest for Glory 1-5
Kings Quest 1-8
Gabriel Knight 1-3
Police Quest 1-4 + the first SWAT (which is crap)
Goldrush
Codename Iceman
Willy Beamish
Black Cauldron
Mixed up Mother Goose
Castle of Dr. Brain
Island of Dr. Brain
Rick Dangerous 1&2
Phantasmagoria 1&2
Blade Runner
Legend of Kyrandia 1-3
The Longest Journey
Dreamfall
Prince of Persia 1&2
Syndicate & Syndicate Wars
Ultima 1-5
Might & Magic 3-9
Test Drive 1&2
North & South (well, I've won several times, it's not exactly a game you finish)
Moonstone
Cannon Fodder
MDK
Redneck Rampage 1&2
Duke Nukem 1-3D
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
Commander Keen 1-6 + Keen Dreams
Jazz Jackrabbit 1&2 + xmas versions
Conquest of the Camelot & Conquests of the Longbow
Manhunter 1&2
Wing Commander 3&4
Eco Quest
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy
Another World/Out of this World
Flashback
Fade to Black
Heart of Darkness
It Came from the Desert
Last Ninja
Dungeon Keeper 1&2
Crusader 1&2
Theme Park
Theme Hospital
Civilization 1-3
Xcom 1&2
Colonization
Duck Tales
Day of the Tentacle
Maniac Mansion
Zak McKracken
The Dig
Loom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Monkey Island 1-4
Sam & Max
Sam & Max season 1
Grim Fandango
Full Throttle
Beneath a Steel Sky
Lure of the Temptress
Broken Sword 1&2
Doom 1-3
Hexen 1&2
Heretic 1&2
Wolfenstein 3D
Spear of Destiny
Wrath of the Demon
James Pond 2
Aladdin
Lion King
Gex
Master of Orion
Star Trek 25th Anniversary
Lemmings
Blood 1&2
Several Medal of Honor and Call of Duty games
Half Life 1&2 (and the eps)
Pandemonium
Sacred Gold
Diablo 1&2
Dune 1&2
Command & Conquer
Red Alert
Warcraft 1&2
Colonels Bequest & Dagger of Amon Ra
Blake Stone
Halloween Harry
Raptor
Tyrian
Demonstar & SM 1&2 (they just loop though)
Jets'n'Guns
Quake 1&2
Final Fantasy 7
Resident Evil
Blackthorne
The Lost Vikings 1&2
Mortal Kombat
Max Payne 1&2
XIII
Serious Sam

There are tons more but those are the ones I remember now just from the top of my head.

Reply 42 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Beat Hitman Blood Money this weekend.

Very good game but way too short and there are issues....

GRAPHICS
Could have been alot better....

You could see rain inside of the white house when it was raining.
Textures could have been alot better.
Faces on characters were crappy. (When using fibre wire and looking at the phases there really isn't anything going on there....pretty disappointing).
Character graphics could have been alot better, in alot of cases I could see a dividing line between both halves of the characters....

AI
I played the game on Normal and the AI could have been alot better:

Shooting a guy from a certain distance and mortally wounding him so that he dies a couple of seconds later I had no consequences. No wonder botherd to come after me...nothing happened. I even walked into the building he was walking into and nobody care. I noticed this on other missions as well.....

I like to use Fibre Wire alot but the characters have a tendency to turn around on you when you're about to do it. So you just stand there and they stand there and look at you and then they walk off. You can do this many times and they do the same thing. Stand there, look at you and then walk off. In real life you'd cuss at the guy and punch him.....

REALISM

It would have been nice if they remove the ability to track the target on the in-game map. It doesn't make any sense to be able to see the target if you have no information on where the target is. Only if you planted a bug on him would this make sense. I suppose you could probably not use the map at all....

In all of these games it's always Agent 47 that you plan even those some situations it wouldn't make sense. It would be nice to have different characters to choose from in situations that would make more sense.

Mabye you could be a female character to seduce your victim?
If you have to infiltrate an foreign embassy mabye you could be of the same nationality as that embassy?
etc....

It would be nice because then you would have a group of characters with different abilities.

GAMEWORLD

The game needs to be more open. Right now you are basically just playing maps. It would be nice to have open big world like GTA and then actually go to these places and perform these jobs.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 43 of 772, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Beat Hitman Blood Money this weekend.

Hehe, I did the same.. about 1.5 weeks ago. I have to say that I enjoyed the game, they kept the Hitman atmosphere, and although not introducing too many new elements, still managed to improve parts of the interface where it all feels more natural.

Although it's not an open-ended world like gta, I think they still managed to preserve the intense experience.. and this time around I was actually able to stealth my way through almost all levels, eliminating only the targets. That was something that I wasn't able to do as easily in the previous three games, where bloodbath is the word that usually popped in my head at the end of each level. I am happy that wasn't the case with blood money. Impressive and varied level design was also a welcome feature, and missions never got boring or repetitive but kept me focused instead.

Finally, music was once again one of the strong points in the game, capturing one's attention from the opening screen. After all, I did enjoy the game, and I didn't find any serious faults with it. Well, there was one crashing issue since I am using vista, but it was easily fixed by disabling alchemy and eax and from that point on it was a smooth experience. I must admit it was a great game overall, and I had lots of fun playing it.

Reply 45 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Updated

Added Mass Defect to the list.

Was going to put off putting it on the list until I'd visited all the planets but I can't bring myself to do that so I'm done with the game.

Reply 46 of 772, by Caine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

oh my god, i would sit 1 year to list all of them 😁 !

i think nearly 400 pc games, also about 50 snes games, 20 game boy games, nearly 200 c64 games, 200 amiga games, 100 ps1 games, 50 ps2 games and some more.

shit what did i do with my life !!!!!!

Reply 47 of 772, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Back in the days when I never cheated, I was pleased with these 2 accomplishments -

Dark Forces (on hard setting; more difficult than you would imagine.)

Descent (on setting 4/5, can't remember what it was called. Finished it with no ship losses and 66 spares.)

Reply 49 of 772, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Added Dead Space to the list.

Took me 11hrs 47mins to finish it on medium. Don't think I could have standed playing it any longer.

They paced the levels well and the story is good but it does get old shooting things for 11hrs. heh.

Next game to play is Dawn of War 2.

Reply 50 of 772, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hm... never sat down to do this before... there are so many more that I never finished.

Deus Ex 1 + 2
Hitman 1, 2, 3
King's Quest 6
Space Quest 1 - 6
Syndicate
Crusader 1 + 2
Terra Nova
System Shock 1 + 2
Fallout 1 + 2
The Dig
Command & Conquer (GDI only)
Raptor
Grand Theft Auto 3
Unreal Tournament
The Dagger of Amon Ra
Donald Duck's Playground (heh)
Hexen
Quake
X-Com 1, 2, 3
Bioforge
Mean Streets
Crime Wave
Rex Nebular
Under a Killing Moon
The Pandora Directive
The Journeyman Project 1 & 2
Ringworld
The Terminator

Also Minesweeper and Solitaire. 🤣

Reply 51 of 772, by danielc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

- 90% of every Amiga game that ever existed

😜

PC games, umm... not a lot of new ones. They don't make em like they used to (don't cha know it!?!?) Classics like The Settlers (Surf City), OMF2097, Jazz Jackrabbit, Commander Keen series, Tyrian, Doom series on Nightmare (you heard me! but Final Doom only on Ultra Violence, that s*** was INSANE hard) and much more.

Regards,
CosmicDan

Reply 53 of 772, by danielc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wolverine: I've never even heard of them!! Hugo maybe....

Damn i'll have to look them up now 🤣. 90% might have been a bit of a brag... there are a LOT of Amiga games that never hit Australia (thank jebus for internetz and Hall Of Light... http://hol.abime.net/754)

EDIT: Guldkorn Expressen (http://hol.abime.net/4837) looks awesome! I loved Thomas the Tankengine, looks nearly exactly the same...

Regards,
CosmicDan

Reply 54 of 772, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

danielc: those games I mention are all Danish games from the start. And three of them were also in the old TVshow Eleva2eren which was on TV2 Friday nights back in the early days of TV2´s first years. where you phoned in and "played" the games and Oswald was the first you played in that show (later on some years afterwards) Hugo became the game you played via your phone.

Guldkornsekspressen was not played on the phone, it was an ad for the "guldkorn" was a morning cerial from OTA which later got bought by Quaker cerial company. But the "guldkorn" is not really a Danish cerial, I have seen in on Kellogs commercials. so anyway that was that story 😀 you can probably find videos from all the games 😀

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_r6XJi9EOE&feature=related

Reply 55 of 772, by danielc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow - there's some trivia. It's amazing how Amiga really propelled the home computer experience way better than IBM did, I remember surfing Youtube for all the Amiga commercials from the 80's - cheesy as anything, but heck they even had their own theme music (Amiga song!).... it still brings a tear to my eye recalling Commodore's announcement of bankruptcy..... damn them and the too-late released CD32 being stomped by SNES! 😜

Regards,
CosmicDan

Reply 56 of 772, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

danielc: the CD32 wasn´t really stomped by the SNES, after all the SNES was inferior to the CD32. But circumstances and shabby programming then the CD32 lost the race before it had begun . But then again you could/can (if you have the parts of course) make the CD32 into a fullt fledged Amiga1200 with loads of cool stuff around it and what not. I just wish there was a homebrew community around the CD32 like there are around other old consoles. Mate I am turning in, it is after all night in Denmark. But afternoon in Aussie land, where I have had quite a few conversations in the past with a woman who is no more around us in physical form (R.I.P.) So I know the time difference.

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2009-03-13, 14:10. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 57 of 772, by danielc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Understood champ. Yeah, I know the CD32 was definately more powerful - but as you said, it was the development that never really took off.

I also partly blame the massive pirating of Amiga games, or "disk swapping" as it was called back then. We wee all guilty of it to some degree - If i knew of the implications beforehand I would of burnt the few I had right away. Ah well, such is life and the passage of time - all things eventually turn to dust.

Regards,
CosmicDan

Reply 58 of 772, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Some PC games I have won:

CSI
CSI: Dark Motives
CSI: Miami
Temijim
Star Wars: Rebel Assualt
Star Wars: Rebel Assualt 2
The 7th Guest
Titanic: Adventure Out of Time
NiBiRu
Wing Commander (with my nephew's help)
Wing Commander 2: Revenge of the Kilrathi
Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger
Wing Commander 4: The Price of Freedom
Wing Commander Prophecy Gold
Star Wars: The Phantom Menance (with my nephew's help)
Amerzone
Amber: Journeys Beyond
Emergency Room
ER Intern
ER Disaster Strikes
Emergency Room 2
Emergency Room 3
ER Life or Death
Code Blue
Code Red
Vet Emergency
Vet Emergency 2
Pet Pals
Zoo Vet
Rex Nebular: The Cosmic Gender Bender

well that's all I can think right off the bat; plus I won The Longet Journey this afternoon. 😁 😅

Reply 59 of 772, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I noticed the new addition and realized I had one of my own: Half-Life. <3 Valve

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions