VOGONS

Common searches

Free Stuff!!

Topic actions

First post, by Snover@school

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Mwhaah. I have gained access to the motherload!! Anyone want some computer parts? Most is Mac/SCSI stuff but I've got it all at my fingertips! It'll all just be sold of if you don't claim now!! 😀

Colin Snover@school
zetafleet.dom

Reply 1 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dibs!

Of course, I should be asking what you really have. I really don't have any cash. I have to admit I wouldn't mind it if you found an early PowerPC and were to happen to send it my way.

Reply 3 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Snover@school How about a Diamond EDGE3D with NV1 chip?

Already have one of those, but it would be nice to have one with a properly working audio chip.

I know there is one all-in-one PPC, I'll see if I can't grab it.

What are these...freebies? This isn't just someone leaving their dorm room unlocked is it?

Reply 4 of 6, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No, the IT department is going through and junking a lot of their stuff. I picked up a server with 1GB of RAM, quad-processing (although according to Steve the IT guy they could never get more than one processor working simultaneously), and a bunch of hot-swappable hard drives. It, unfortunately, is old, and Socket 8 (Pentium Pro). I don't know what speeds the processors are, either. However, you can pull out all the boards (even the RAM boards) which is nifty so I imagine that there is a way to upgrade components to more modern stuff. All the hot-swap drives are 4.3GB which sucks, and I'm not sure where/if I'll be able to get newer, larger drives to replace them with. (They are all SCSI. One in the array is failed, and the backup drive is also failed.) I also got 5 DDS2 backup tapes, a few old tape backup drives, a bunch of ethernet cards, a really, really old SiiG hard drive controller, a 2MB floppy controller, some 2.88MB floppy drives, some more RAM, a few more P133s... all in all, a nice stash, although Craig (another one of the IT people) threw away a box filled with old software that I could've made lots of money on!! (Reems of software since they needed the licenses for them all but everything was off a network drive so they only needed one CD.) 😭 Oh well, I guess.

Yes, it’s my fault.