Common searches

Rama

Topic actions

First post, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Okay, death. I finally get to where I'm about to go to New York and I get an error about an invalid sound format in file audio/A02J0N40.001. Sierra's interpreters do stupid stuff like this a lot so I figured it was a one-time deal. It happened again, so I figured maybe there was dust on the CD. It STILL happened so I figured maybe one of the small scratches on the CD was causing a problem. And yet, even after buffing the fucker with Disc Doctor it STILL DIES. I've tried copying files and it says it can't read from the disc between audio/A02J0K40.001 and audio/A02J0N40.001. That's a whopping 172kB (177066 bytes, 229376 bytes used) of files. The rest of the disc is fine. It's just those three fucking files. I'm going to beat someone down with a blunt object! I've run hkSFV on EVERY OTHER FILE and they all make checksums without a problem. (The three aformentioned files, A02J0K40.001, A02J0L40.061, and A02J0N40.001, all sit and idle infinitely, as if the FAT is pointing to non-existant files.) Could SOMEONE please send me these files so I can make a new CD for RAMA that isn't b0rked? God, what a pain this is. At least it's only 172kB, eh? It could've been, like, RESOURCE.SFX or something. That would've sucked.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 1 of 2, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You didn't specify which CD, so I included both (even though they are almost certainly exactly alike). I'm suspicious that this may one of Sierra's false file errors (like the one I got while testing "Freddy Pharcus").

Attachments

• Filename
    ramadata.zip
    File size
    290.05 KiB
    Downloads
    258 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 2, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ah, CD1, and it was just the crappy DVD-ROM on this computer. I put the disc in my dad's computer and it could read those files fine, so I just copied all the files to the hard disk and burned that. Presto, no more problem.

Yes, it’s my fault.