VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.subsowespac.org/sh_xp/silent_hunterxp.shtml

Was doing my weekly search of the net for sites that link to VOGONS and found this one. Yet another site that links to use with instructions on getting games to work. It would be nice that if instead of getting the games to work and providing the programs to do so that we could actually consolidate the information here....instead of people just trying stuff here at the site, posting and making a website somewhere on the internet and not even reporting it here! I mean really!

Also took a look at the Underdogs new site. IMO, Bleh!

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 4, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Aww, poor DosFreak... feeling betrayed? 😜

Don't worry. I'm working on a new site layout for phpBB (not vBB) that I'm hoping to roll out sometime soon that will include static sections.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by DosFreak Was doing my weekly search of the net for sites that link to VOGONS and found this one.

Yes, that came up just recently in the "Syndicate" Thread:
showthread.php?threadid=822

That's the kind of step-by-step guide we need, especially for those who are really low on technical skill. Only problem is, we would need to probably stick to links to "standardized" pictures for all the VDMSound settings as the board would quickly choke if we were to create a a page like that for every DOS title that needed tweaking.

Also took a look at the Underdogs new site. IMO, Bleh!

And it seems like this new style is more "bandwidth-hungry" as well. Not good as she's pushing it on bandwidth as is...

Reply 3 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm slowly organizing my data ... my "INFO" folder (Misc bits of text that I have collected over the years along with projects I have worked on) is now over 1.5GB+ and it's almost all TEXT! 😮

I've got alot of writing to do. Also trying to get into HTML and SQL so I can organize this stuff.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline