VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How do I change the number of threads that are visible? For instance, the "Threads" column of the "PC" forum states "32" but when I click on the forum I only see 3 threads.

Also, I am trying to post a message to the VDMSound - General forum with a zip file that is 3MB in size. Even though that is below the limit I keep getting "page can not be displayed" after a couple of minutes.

Also, when I tried to click on the "contact us" link at the bottom of the Vogons forums to submit this very same message, I received an error that the address could not be found.

Reply 1 of 6, by Zorbid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dnewhous wrote:

How do I change the number of threads that are visible? For instance, the "Threads" column of the "PC" forum states "32" but when I click on the forum I only see 3 threads.

below the post list you'll find this line:
Showing threads 1 to 16 of 16, sorted by last post time in ascending order, from last 30 days... I let you figure it's use 😁

Also, I am trying to post a message to the VDMSound - General forum with a zip file that is 3MB in size. Even though that is below the limit I keep getting "page can not be displayed" after a couple of minutes.

It's probably the php timeout. PHP kills the scripts that last longer that a given time (to prevent buggy script to eat all the ressources). If you have a slow connection, it's possible that php kills the upload script before the whole file has been uploaded.

Try to upload a smaller file, if it works it's most probably the php timeout. (I've tried and it works)

Also, when I tried to click on the "contact us" link at the bottom of the Vogons forums to submit this very same message, I received an error that the address could not be found.

The contact us link is an email adress (in full text to be spam proof). Clicking it should open your e-mail client.

Reply 2 of 6, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Zorbid wrote:

The contact us link is an email adress (in full text to be spam proof). Clicking it should open your e-mail client.

Yes, and it doesn't work!

Reply 4 of 6, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The message box pops up fine, that was never the issue. The issue is that I get an error when I click on the "send" button. I just now perceived that when I click send it is attempting to look up the name that the Vogons forums insert in my "To" field in my contacts list and is not finding it. Thus, "no matches found for 'vogons bla zetafleet bla bla bla'".

I am using Outlook 2000 on Windows 98.

Reply 5 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Originally posted by dnewhous
Thus, "no matches found for 'vogons bla zetafleet bla bla bla'".

BAN HIM! BAAAAAANNN HIM! He Bla Bla Bla'd VOGONS! 😮

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 6, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

He bla bla bla'd zetafleet. So, double-plus-ungood on him. 😉
Not banworthy. Just deserves the idiot award of the day.

You must choose longer time to display than the default 30 days, not a maximum thread count.

I believe I configured this server to have a 2MB limit so the reported maximum size is a misnomer. I will probably increase it to 5M though... no reason not to, really, with 1GB of RAM.

I also believe that the contact address is explicitly obviously not a valid address but is also obviously obfuscated. Perhaps it's a bit complicated. Perhaps not. I don't know how good spambots are at decoding obfuscated addresses. Here. Try this. colin.png Easier?

Yes, it’s my fault.